Honored Contributor

Re: LOVING the FitBit Food Log

First week weight in - down 2 pounds this week - exactly the rate I wanted to lose and punched into the program!

I want to lose 10 pounds by the end of August, but want to start more quickly and reach my goal in 6 weeks instead of 8.

After I'm down 5, I'll re-program to continue losing slower (I hope it works).

Last night I noticed around 8 that I needed more activity to accommodate for calories taken in...the terrier & I went for a 2 mile walk.

I really recommend this (at least so far!)

Honored Contributor

Not sure if you (above) realize but you can sync your MFpal accounts with your Fitbit so if you log into one the info will be on the other

Trusted Contributor

I still haven't mastered the food log. Would love some tips. I hit 11k steps yesterday! I know it doesn't sound like much but I've had some health issues so I'm proud!
Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 jtdmum said: I still haven't mastered the food log. Would love some tips. I hit 11k steps yesterday! I know it doesn't sound like much but I've had some health issues so I'm proud!

Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 jtdmum said: I still haven't mastered the food log. Would love some tips. I hit 11k steps yesterday! I know it doesn't sound like much but I've had some health issues so I'm proud!

11K - that's fantastic!

Was it cardio at specific times or just moving more?

Any ???? about the food log...ask away!

Valued Contributor

On 6/26/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/25/2014 TootyJane said: My FitBit was delivered late this afternoon. It's almost 11pm and I have it charging right now. I'll have to set it up tomorrow when I get home from work. I'm really looking forward to using this little device. I didn't realize it had its own Food Log. Thanks for posting!

I want to lose 10 pounds by August 28 (reunion party).

You enter how much you want to lose, your completion date, etc. - it then tells you how many calories you can have that day to stay on goal. It is synching the calories you are expending by moving & exercising at the same time.

I had too many calories one day - over by 200. It told me I needed to increase my activity - so I took a long walk at 7PM and evened off the day...I actually came out UNDER.

Very cool!

terrier3, Thanks for posting. I haven't had much time to really check out all this great little gadget can do. Our youngest is moving up to LA this week so we're busy getting all his stuff together for the big move! I do like the sleep function and the alarm. Holy cow - is it hard to get those 10,000 steps in. Once I get back I'll be able to really get into everything. My 40 year reunion is next year and I figure I'd better start getting into shape sooner than later!!
Super Contributor

I enjoy the Food Log. I also log my water. I surpassed my weight loss goal at yesterday's weigh-in. Woo Hoo. 15 pounds GONE. I'm kinda excited and may want to lose 5 more just for the heck of it. It will be so nice to get rid of the dual sizes crowding my closets!!!! I log every bite I eat. No cheating with the Food Log. Smiley Happy

I do WISH the Food Log . . . had SUGAR grams . . . I'd much rather know my sugar grams instead of sodium grams but that's just me.

The Food Log keeps me "honest" with myself!

I just set up my Fitbit scales this past weekend . . . from Kohl's with Kohl's Cash, well 70.00 Kohl's Cash so almost like half price . . . only problem is when I first step on . . . it confuses me with me 20 year old daughter . . . because as of now with my weight loss we are within 3 pounds of each other although I must admit my % of body fat is probably about 6-7% higher than hers but I'm working on that too . . . but alas I am older and have had a couple of children but I would like to drop it a few more % points and with weights and some good old fashioned push-up's . . . I hope to do that.

edit typo