Honored Contributor

LATEST RECALL Company recalls frozen avocados from Safeway, Albertsons, others for Listeria

[ Edited ]

Company recalls frozen avocados from Safeway, Albertsons, others for Listeria

“avocados from Safeway, Albertsons, others for Listeria

Nature’s Touch Frozen Foods Inc. is voluntary recalling “Signature Select Avocado Chunks” with a best before date of Oct 11, 2020, after an inspection test revealed Listeria monocytogenes in the product.

The company initiated the recall “based on strict precautionary measures after the company was informed by the FDA that a routine sampling program found a positive result for Listeria monocytogenes in one sample bag of the product,” according to the Nature’s Touch notice posted by the Food and Drug Administration.

As of June 18, there hadn’t been any confirmed illnesses reported in association with the recalled frozen avocado product, the notice states. There is concern that some consumers may have the recalled frozen avocado chunks in their homes because the best-before date isn’t until Oct. 11, 2020.

“Consumers who have purchased the product should discard or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund,” according to the company recall notice.

Consumers can use the following label information to determine whether they have the recalled avocado in their homes:

• Signature Select brand avocado chunks, frozen
  • 12-ounce plastic bags
  • UPC number 2113009412 on the back
  • Best-before date displayed as OCT 11 20 on the back of packages near the top

Nature’s Touch reports the avocado chunks were distributed in the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming, Texas and Utah.

Distribution also included the following banner stores:

• Albertsons
  • Safeway
  • Safeway Community Markets
  • Carrs-Safeway
  • Eagle
  • Lucky
  • Pak N Save
  • Pavilions
  • Vons

The Nature’s Touch consumer service staff will be available to answer any questions by phone at 877-850-2664 or by email at: info@naturestouch.ca. “

From Food Safety News article of the same title

Honored Contributor

Re: LATEST RECALL Company recalls frozen avocados from Safeway, Albertsons, others for Listeria

C5565AD5-0A59-437F-9F06-A2E4FE386C84.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: LATEST RECALL Company recalls frozen avocados from Safeway, Albertsons, others for Listeria

I didn't know such a product existed before.

Honored Contributor

I did not know they froze avocados.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Yes. They freeze very well!  I freeze chunks of ripe avocado that I cut up ...I buy when they are on sale ....then thaw and use them however I want....guacamole etc. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@DiAnne Neither did I!  I don't think I've ever seen them.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't know frozen avocados were available either, I thought the texture would be kind of funky if frozen. Learn something every day! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I didn't know frozen avocados were available either, I thought the texture would be kind of funky if frozen. Learn something every day! Smiley Happy

Costco sells big bags for the best price!