Honored Contributor

Re: Kombucha - do we need it or is it a fad ?

This reminds me of the fad of Noni juice. Everyone started selling it and it was supposed to be good for every ailment possible, renewed health etc.

We used to live near a wonderful health food store. The main woman who worked there was consulted by people all over (including me). She knew so much about natural remedies, prescription drugs, children's illnesses, diseases both mental and physical. She also consulted people in Europe.

I asked her about Noni juice once which the store sold, several varieties. She said she didn't think it did anything. She was also wonderfully honest.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I like GTS's brand of Kombucha.

I usually have a glass (no ice) in the evening. 

Not for health's sake, just as a refreshing beverage.

Has some good nutrients in it and only a speck of sugar (4 grams?).  I enjoy it!

Esteemed Contributor

I tried this before I read Dr Weil's comments and decided any adverse effects weren't worth it.  You drink a small amount at a time and it wasn't bad but I don't want to create a problem.