Honored Contributor

Kitty Pirouettes into Plants!

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom

I spent a good deal of time yesterday watching and reading stuff from both Dr. Garth Davis and Dr. Michael Gregor.

I have decided to go totally plant-based.  (it may be a process!).  Ditching the animal products I still consume and ditching the oil.  I already eat lots of veggies and fruits, but I will be adding more beans and whole grains.  And probably nuts and seeds, as I eat those but not that much.

I know I've been hard on you and many times snarky, but you got me to really look into this way of eating, and as I feel as though since  I am an advocate for animals, I think I need to put my fork where my mouth is.  I am also having a milestone birthday soon, starting a new career, and just want to be the absolute best I can be.

TIme will tell how this all works out, but I'm ordering Dr. Gregor's book, "How Not to Die".  I found him to be extremely engaging and bright and entertaining, actually.  He's a character!  In a good way.

So, thanks for your persistence.  And I'm sorry for beating up on you.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Hey, Sidsmom!

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom

I spent a good deal of time yesterday watching and reading stuff from both Dr. Gerth Davis and Dr. Michael Gregor.

I have decided to go totally plant-based.  (it may be a process!).  Ditching the animal products I still consume and ditching the oil.  I already eat lots of veggies and fruits, but I will be adding more beans and whole grains.  And probably nuts and seeds, as I eat those but not that much.

I know I've been hard on you and many times snarky, but you got me to really look into this way of eating, and as I feel as though I am an advocate for animals, I think I need to put my fork where my mouth is.  I am also having a milestone birthday soon, starting a new career, and just want to be the absolute best I can be.

TIme will tell how this all works out, but I'm ordering Dr. Gregor's book, "How Not to Die".  I found him to be extremely engaging and bright and entertaining, actually.  He's a character!  In a good way.

@QueenDanceALot

Oh my lovely!

I say this as truthful as I can write....I'm sitting here with tears down my face & heart bursting!!!  I'm a hugger, so....BEARHUG!!

Dr. Greger's nutritionfacts.org is a bottomless pit of information.

Love the way he has the video, a written transcript & sources cited. 

And he's not too proud to update old videos w/ new studies which contradicts his old videos.  And Dr. Garth Davis's work is pivotal 

with the protein aspect....plus he's a hottie!  Ha.  

Another Dr. worth looking into is one of the plant-based pioneers of modern day, Dr. John McDougall.  I would say a large majority of the Gregers, Davis', Barnards, etc...wouldn't be here or as popular without the ground work McDougall has done since the 70s. I'll admit, his style isn't for everyone, but sometime Tough Love is needed.

Sounds like your Life Book is wide open with a milestone birthday & new career.  Just add a little chapter about how Kitty's Takin' It To The Next Level!!  

Thank you so much for your kind words & your transparency.  If you, or anyone reading this message, has any questions, just reach out. We are slowly getting more & more plant based eaters on this forum...and information is what makes us empowered!

Again...🌼💛🌼💛🍏🥔🥑🍇🍓🍅🍒🍌🍋🍊🍚🍠🥕💚

ETA:  The PB films I talk about are great...especially for someone in the beginning stages when everyone around you might make you doubt your food choices.  Well worth the watch.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hey, Sidsmom!

[ Edited ]

I knew @sidsmom was going to be thrilled with this thread @QueenDanceALot

I really never thought about oils - I use olive oil and butter.  I see the point @sidsmom makes about it though.  I do eat very healthy and exercise, but I've been looking into avoiding oils now myself. 

Still considering it, but @sidsmom has really opened my eyes about oils.  I've always said "healthy fats," but they're still fats.  I need to work on avoiding those as much as I can. 

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom

I spent a good deal of time yesterday watching and reading stuff from both Dr. Gerth Davis and Dr. Michael Gregor.

I know I've been hard on you and many times snarky, but you got me to really look into this way of eating, and as I feel as though I am an advocate for animals, I think I need to put my fork where my mouth is.  I am also having a milestone birthday soon, starting a new career, and just want to be the absolute best I can be.

@QueenDanceALot

Oh my lovely!

I say this as truthful as I can write....I'm sitting here with tears down my face & heart bursting!!!  I'm a hugger, so....BEARHUG!!

Dr. Greger's nutritionfacts.org is a bottomless pit of information.

Love the way he has the video, a written transcript & sources cited. 

And he's not too proud to update old videos w/ new studies which contradicts his old videos.  And Dr. Garth Davis's work is pivotal 

with the protein aspect....plus he's a hottie!  Ha.  

Another Dr. worth looking into is one of the plant-based pioneers of modern day, Dr. John McDougall.  I would say a large majority of the Gregers, Davis', Barnards, etc...wouldn't be here or as popular without the ground work McDougall has done since the 70s. I'll admit, his style isn't for everyone, but sometime Tough Love is needed.

Sounds like your Life Book is wide open with a milestone birthday & new career.  Just add a little chapter about how Kitty's Takin' It To The Next Level!!  

Thank you so much for your kind words & your transparency.  If you, or anyone reading this message, has any questions, just reach out. We are slowly getting more & more plant based eaters on this forum...and information is what makes us empowered!

Again...🌼💛🌼💛🍏🥔🥑🍇🍓🍅🍒🍌🍋🍊🍚🍠🥕💚

ETA:  The PB films I talk about are great...especially for someone in the beginning stages when everyone around you might make you doubt your food choices.  Well worth the watch.

Oh, don't cry, it makes your mascara run!  Cat LOL

I will say that Dr. McDougall's style has turned me off in the past and I think prevented me from looking further into the entire wealth of info.  But I will certainly take another look -  I like to think that Garth Davis' hotness didn't sway me, and really it didn't, just added to his already hot brain!  Dr. Greger is just impressive to me.  Of course, I'm new to this group of people, but I am really excited to read and learn more.  I am glad to have my previous feet-in-concrete mindset gone!  And part of that is your doing, so there you go DON'T CRY!  

I already see a few occasions coming up where I am going to be tested, but I figure I will just do the best I can and keep my eye on the prize and forgive myself if I don't get it right all the time.

Peace & Plants.

(Did I just say that?)  haha

Regular Contributor

Love! Love! Love!

For myself, eating this way since April, I've lost 27 pounds. I'm a type 1 diabetic and my insulin requirements have been cut by 3/4!!!! NOT 1/2, but 3/4!!! I feel SO much better!

Honored Contributor

@JuLee wrote:

Love! Love! Love!

For myself, eating this way since April, I've lost 27 pounds. I'm a type 1 diabetic and my insulin requirements have been cut by 3/4!!!! NOT 1/2, but 3/4!!! I feel SO much better!

WOW, that's fabulous, JuLee!!!  Congratulations!  Did you decide to go plant based after reading here?  It's wonderful that you are having such great success Cat Happy

I just got home from ballet class and am having some vegan sushi from my local food Co-op for dinner.  Picked up a big bag of steel cut oatmeal and am making my shopping list for tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

I spent an hour this afternoon watching Dr. McDougall's first part video of the Quick Start (I think that's what it's called).  I was almost late for ballet class because he was so interesting and engaging.

My pirouettes were better tonite than they have ever been!  (Not that they have been great up until now or anything - hahaha)

I look forward to watching more of him.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom

I spent an hour this afternoon watching Dr. McDougall's first part video of the Quick Start (I think that's what it's called).  I was almost late for ballet class because he was so interesting and engaging.

My pirouettes were better tonite than they have ever been!  (Not that they have been great up until now or anything - hahaha)

@QueenDanceALotWelcome to WFPB living!  

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom

@QueenDanceALotWelcome to WFPB living!  

Thanks, @Caligurll

I am pretty excited about it.  I feel cleaner already! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

How about changing the thread title to reflect your new journey? 😀

KittyLouWhoToo's Going Green

Kitty's Plant Pirouettes

...or something like that?  🌼