Trusted Contributor

Re: Kirstie Alley's Weight Loss

Glad she was able to again , take it off.

Like Oprah, she boasts when she does and it goes right back on.

I am not unsympathetic ,as I have thyroid issues and my own struggle to "keep it off." It is anything but easy. I just don't have arrogance at having taken it off, (not saying they should not feel an accomplishment and be proud of it) as I know how easily it can go right back on.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

On 1/9/2015 twocent said:

Glad she was able to again , take it off.

Like Oprah, she boasts when she does and it goes right back on.

I am not unsympathetic ,as I have thyroid issues and my own struggle to "keep it off." It is anything but easy. I just don't have arrogance at having taken it off, (not saying they should not feel an accomplishment and be proud of it) as I know how easily it can go right back on.

This is exactly how I feel too. I lost 110 pounds 19 years ago and have kept it off all these year (maybe up / down 5 to 8 pounds) and HOPING I can keep it off through my 40's and 50's (and beyond of course) I don't gloat about it because I know it can come back on as fast as I took it off!!

and I love your signature line, my sweet Lab is 13, my heart will be at rainbow bridge sometime soon as well, he is my heart and soul and a little piece of me will die when its his time to go. Hugs to you!!

Respected Contributor

I have a very good friend who is a counselor with Jenny Craig, and when I kick up an extra five pounds or so I go on their food and it comes off quickly. HOWEVER . . . . I do not like the idea of Kristie Alley being their spokesperson. To me, she is a joke, and not a funny one. She gains and loses, clearly for the purpose of making money. A very unhealthy way to live!

Seems to me that they could find someone less controversial and more health conscious to represent them. My friend tells me she hears this several times a day - from just about all of her clients. Why does JC keep making this same mistake!!!

Honored Contributor

Two thoughts about obesity and weight loss. American culture has made weight issues a COSMETIC problem instead of the HEALTH problem it should be. Also, although many of us have run from "fix" to "fix", the only REAL solution with long term hopes is to find the HEALTHY combination of eating/exercise/mental committment that works for you, THEN LIVE IT. I repeat what I have said many MANY times before, one diet/program/plan does NOT work for everyone. You have to seek out the combination that works well for your health, the LIVE IT! If you're doing the right thing, weight loss will happen as your health improves. It only took me 57 years to figure that out! I'm 85 PERMANENT pounds down.
Respected Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Perkup said:

I have a very good friend who is a counselor with Jenny Craig, and when I kick up an extra five pounds or so I go on their food and it comes off quickly. HOWEVER . . . . I do not like the idea of Kristie Alley being their spokesperson. To me, she is a joke, and not a funny one. She gains and loses, clearly for the purpose of making money. A very unhealthy way to live!

Seems to me that they could find someone less controversial and more health conscious to represent them. My friend tells me she hears this several times a day - from just about all of her clients. Why does JC keep making this same mistake!!!

I've gone to Jenny since July 2012 and even though I lost might weight and reached goal quite a while ago, I still stop in frequently to weigh in and pick up food items I really like......I've said the very same thing to my Jenny counselors re: Kirstie A. being the spokesperson for them........Valerie was a much better one. Kirstie's up and down weight and her scientology connection (I think they had a lot to do with that product she sold on the Q) turn a lot of people off (me included) and at one point my center even had that product she was selling on the Q........there must have been some sort of contract thing regarding that situation.....I don't see them there now.

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Perkup said:

JCP is not making a mistake. Almost everyone who has weight struggles yo yo's. They have been on every diet out there and tried numerous medications and snake oils. Once your body adjusts to a higher weight, it fights your attempts to be at a lower weight. Because Kirstie is real, people can relate.
Respected Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Carmie said:
On 1/9/2015 Perkup said:

JCP is not making a mistake. Almost everyone who has weight struggles yo yo's. They have been on every diet out there and tried numerous medications and snake oils. Once your body adjusts to a higher weight, it fights your attempts to be at a lower weight. Because Kirstie is real, people can relate.

Any person is real. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 1/9/2015 Carmie said:
On 1/9/2015 Perkup said:

By real, I meant she has real struggles. Think of the cosmetic companies showing a 20 something applying wrinkle cream and stating she got results. Does that motivate you to buy if you do have wrinkles?
Respected Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 1/9/2015 Carmie said:
On 1/9/2015 Perkup said:

ITA.....hate the term "real woman".........the hosts use it all the time when they're really referring to overweight women.....

Trusted Contributor

If you want to lose weight its not rocket science and you don't need that terrible pre packaged foods. Eat healthy "real" food. Eliminate the white stuff i.e. flour, sugar and processed foods, sugary drinks etc. Eat lean protein, complex carbs, fresh fruit and veggies, get some exercise at least 4 days a week and you will drop weight like mad. Kirstie obviously has an eating problem and is just following diets instead of making a lifestyle change. I have never seen someone lose and gain weight so many times. I don't even pay attention to her any more.