Respected Contributor

Re: Kirstie Alley's Weight Loss

Kirstie's weight loss journeys are very relatable in that she falls down and gets back up again. Good for her that she keeps trying and especially good for her that her fame gives her the opportunity to get paid while doing so.

Esteemed Contributor

It is not easy, losing weight and keeping it off. And often it is a personal thing.... what works best for you.

I am on a roll and here is why.

1. portion control (less carbs, more fruits and veggies)

2. very little sugar and SUGAR SUBSTITUTES (they make me crave as well)

3. wearing an activity tracker and increasing my activity and keeping track of calories used.

4. joining with others as in myfitnesspal.com online (free)

5. having an attitude THAT I CAN DO IT AND I DESERVE TO SUCCEED

I am 25 pound down... slowly.. just about off all my meds for whatever illness I was on the borderline for.

Honored Contributor

She has done this so many times, if I were her, I would be embarrassed to keep doing it over & over! No it is not easy to lose weight (believe me I know) and the older you get the harder it is, as well as certain health problems and medications don't help either!

Super Contributor

Regardless of her weight up or down, she is a great actress and lovely.
Super Contributor

I read an article where several women were given different diet plans to use for a period of time, so that the magazine could get real results as to which was best. The results? The ones who stuck to the plan lost weight. There was no discernible difference in the plans. That being said, good for her for 'getting back on the wagon'!

Respected Contributor

She was supposed to look like a "hot mess" in the show, and she did.

Honored Contributor

I caught a glimpse of her on some TV show last night & thought she must have gained weight. I don't really keep up with her but I like her & enjoy her acting.

If I could figure a way to earn a living off my weight loss success, I'd be in the business, too. Not selling products though.

I really don't think she is yo-yoing on purpose. lol... It is hard to stop yoyoing; most people who do it are not able to end the cycle.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 autumnfaire said:

I read an article where several women were given different diet plans to use for a period of time, so that the magazine could get real results as to which was best. The results? The ones who stuck to the plan lost weight. There was no discernible difference in the plans. That being said, good for her for 'getting back on the wagon'!

I can believe that. If you don't enjoy the journey, you quit. I lost a lot of weight years ago on Atkins but tried again years later and gagged. Too much protein. I lost a lot on WW and got stressed last year and gained it back. But because WW is so much a lifestyle instead of a diet, I had no problem getting back on it on January 1st and I'm having no problem. My mindset for losing weight is there and I'm motivated. You have to like your plan.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Fifi1 said:

We saw her on the Middle last night and commented that this must have been prior to her weight loss. I didn't think she looked good at all. Smiley Sad

Hopefully she will find what works for her and stop the yo-yo thing as that is unhealthy to keep doing to your body.

I agree with everything you've said.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always liked her. I can see that she really struggles with her weight issues and I can certainly relate. I have a hard time keeping weight off and I'm a big exerciser (but apparently also a big eater, LOL).

You really do have to keep on top of it, there's no doubt about it.

I hope this time will be the time that she can keep it off for good, for the sake of her health.

You go, Kirstie!