Trusted Contributor

Re: Kirstie Alley's Weight Loss

It is probably easier said than done for some people.. But it has to come from a mentality of a lifestyle change. I know several people who have lost AND regained the same 10-50+ lbs over and over. I have a relative who is quite obese and tries several 'diets' and they only give minimal and short term results. I suspect that Kirstie Alley will continue to yo-yo unless she gets her stuff straight.
Super Contributor

I thought that she looked just ok but, remember, that role that she was playing was supposed to be a hot mess. She is not a tiny girl to begin with so that is one issue there. We are all not built the same therefore we cannot all look the same. There are some who are just , naturally, very lean , very thin. Others are more "doughy" no matter what they do. I made a very consious effort on Jan. 1 to really change my eating habits. Previously, I had lost 40 lbs. on Weight Watchers and have followed the program for about 6 years. I'm 62 now and the weight seems to be shifting and I do not like it. So, I have cut out (as much as possible) all white foods and sugar. When I do have some bread it will be whole grain with lots of fiber. The sugar thing is working out ok which surprised me. I feel better already and we'll see where the weight goes-hopefully, way down. My pet peeve, though, are the people on Facebook who declare that they are on a diet or detox plan and then proceed to post their progression and their food every single day. When I started Weight Watchers , I did not tell a soul until people started noticing that I had lost weight. Then I kept it to myself unless someone wanted to talk about it. To me, it's all about my health and, honestly, how I look in my clothes. I wasn't looking too good come New Year's Eve. That doesn't make me happy. However, I am wise enough to not set unrealistic goals for myself either. I will never have that 25 year old body again and that's ok but I can be a pretty good looking 62 year old.

Valued Contributor

Her story is just one big yawn. She is more known for her endorsements than her talent. How many other people battle their weight and do it without the constant attention Kirstie seems to need?