Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Kardashian: Psoriasis journey

That must be very hard to deal with for anybody including a Kardashian.  I have OA  and four joint replacements from that.  My knuckles are swollen and sore....as are my toes.  No fun.

Kim  seems to be dealing with it well. She is under public scrutiny all the time. That makes it even harder for her.  Perhaps she will get people talking about it and help  to raise money for finding  better drugs and hopefully a cure someday.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D LOL! Funny funny!

Honored Contributor

Her Mother has this also, not sure about the arthritis, but I remember watching an episode where they were talking about it as Kim was suffering an outbreak at the time, years ago. 

Honored Contributor

Any kind of AI disease is unfortunate. I wish her well. 

I was diagnosed with scleroderma..that's another AI disease that affects the skin and a lot more.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361   Maybe other sufferers from the condition?  I'm no fan of hers, but I'm glad she spoke about it publicly to give some hope and encouragement to those afflicted with it.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Who honestly cares about kk 's psoriasis?

Nice people.

🌼💛

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I was diagnosed 8 years ago. I have times when it's worst than others. I found which salve works for me. Wen tea tree oil in my hair keep it under control. I just keep telling myself that at least it's not life threatening.  I went down that road 19 years ago and this is a piece of cake. 

@sweetee2 

There was a picture of it very close around her eye.

Can psoriasis cause blindness if it gets in the eye?

Is that possible?

Trusted Contributor

Wow, I feeel for her.  My niece has had psoriasis all her life and my Aunt had it also.  It is not fun.  Good luck to Kim, it sounds like she keeps a positive attitude. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Her Mother has this also, not sure about the arthritis, but I remember watching an episode where they were talking about it as Kim was suffering an outbreak at the time, years ago. 

Her mom has not said that she has the arthritis. Psoriasis is genetic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only if it were to somehow scratch the eyes. I have never heard of a case directly causing blindness. The lesions do not form on the eyeballs. I have it everywhere around my eyes. It hurts like H when I get it right where the tear ducts are. It will crack and bleed there. It gets raw and irritated.