Trusted Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Sorry you're dealing this. I've heard of a product that you may want to consider taking: 

Stone Breaker Chanca Piedra - Natural Kidney Cleanse & Gallbladder Formula - Detoxify Urinary Tract, Flush Impurities, Clear System

Thank you for this, @ThinkingOutLoud . That’s the kind of advice I love to see. I saved this information and will look into it later. I had kidney stones a little while back and am hoping to never repeat it. My urologist told me once you’ve had this you are apt to get it again. 

Valued Contributor

A few summers ago I had three kidney stone surgeries. My husband and I call it my summer from HE!!. 
I have ever since then been very aware of the types of food and the beverages I drink. I do drink hot water with lemon on many early mornings. There are a lot of foods and drinks that can help. There are also a number of supplements that can help--such as magnesium. Just watch the kind of magnesium you take as--there is a thing called milk of magnesia and you will have a different problem.

It is trial and error for each person.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kidney stones

[ Edited ]

@msgb 

Yes, thank you for your comment. 

I am not a soda drinker or ice tea drinker.  I do drink coffee,  but have been drinking water instead of soda for several years, since WW membership really stressed its importance daily.

The warm water with lemon juice sounds like a good idea as well.

@ThinkingOutLoud  Thanks for your suggestion.

Esteemed Contributor

My hubby had a bout of kidney stones last summer. It came to them "blasting" one because it was so large. Well, that didn't work and he wound up having surgery. Not a great summer.

Honored Contributor

So very sorry.  What ever it takes, I would do to pass those stones and be done!

Respected Contributor

Omg sue. Sorry to here what you went through and glad your on the other side of the kidney stone misery. I haven't had them. My wife has had them many times.  She had the surgery to blast them away. Good luck to you going forward.

Respected Contributor

So sorry to hear this. I had them once. Was in the hospital and finally passed them. Kidney doctor said drink water and drink water.

Valued Contributor

My husband would get a kidney stone after every time he ate any kind of nuts.  Stopped the nuts and the kidney stones stopped. 

Honored Contributor

@BLH wrote:

My husband would get a kidney stone after every time he ate any kind of nuts.  Stopped the nuts and the kidney stones stopped. 

@BLH 

"Every time he ate any kind of nuts"?  If only everyone that has had kidney stones were so lucky. Eat a certain food! BOOM , kidney stone(s).

Even Allergist would be hard pressed to diagnose an allergy so easily. Sounds like he didn't eat nuts too often if: Nuts=Kidney Stone(s). Or, he has had them many, many times.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'm dealing with a kidney stone issue now. I first had them fortyish years ago and then none since then. Friday I felt like a UTI coming on. Burning, urgency, increased frequency. I upped my fluid intake and by Saturday morning was feeling a bit better. On Sunday things went downhill. Lower back pain along with the return of the burning and frequency had me out to the ER for some antibiotics and Flomax for the UTI. There was some blood in the urine. (I'm a hemophiliac, so when isn't there blood someplace?) Later in the day Sunday I could feel the stone moving from the back to the center of the abdomen and the nausea and vomiting kicked in. I knew it was a kidney stone then. Felt better Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday the urine darkened a bit indicating more bleeding so I infused clotting factor for the hemophilia. Feeling pretty good today, but still darker urine so another infusion of clotting factor. Things seem to be under control now. We'll see what happens tomorrow. 

The first time I had kidney stones (six episodes in four months) my urine would be black, thick, syrupy, and really ugly. A nurse examining a urine sample joked that if she ever passed anything that looked like that, they could just take her straight to the morgue. This isn't even close to that, but it's a more brownish color than I'd like so I've got to treat it as a bleeding episode. Once the calcium crystals get flushed out and things calm back down I should be back to normal. With cooler weather, I haven't been drinking as much and this is nature's way of reminding me to drink more. It's very effective.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!