Honored Contributor

Re: Kevin Smith: Actor & ‘Widow Maker’ Survivor

@151949wrote:

Heck - look at a cow - they eat nothing but grain and grass and their bodies are filled with fat. 

I grew up raising cattle.

Feedlot cattle are fed differently from pasture cattle.

Feedlot = mostly grain, which is not their food of choice.

That’s how cattle/animals are fattened up for slaughter to provide

the meat product for grocery.

’Filled with fat’.  Funny. 

But I also say animal muscle/animal byproduct is not healthy

no matter how it is raised.  For heart health, meat/dairy/eggs/fat

must be removed for optimum health.  Always has been; always will be.

Hopefully Kevin Smith will realize Vegan will extend his life

almost two-fold.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmomwrote:

@151949wrote:

Heck - look at a cow - they eat nothing but grain and grass and their bodies are filled with fat. 

almost two-fold.

@sidsmomwrote:

@151949wrote:

almost two-fold.

Nonsense devoid of science. Vegan eating has no guarantees of life extension no matter how many times you perpetuate the myth. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

@sidsmomwrote:

@151949wrote:

almost two-fold.

@sidsmomwrote:

@151949wrote:

almost two-fold.

Nonsense devoid of science. Vegan eating has no guarantees of life extension no matter how many times you perpetuate the myth. 

LOL, @Trinity11.  I was just exploring to see if there was any significant findings about vegans living longer.  Nope.

Honored Contributor

@tansywrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@sidsmomwrote:

@151949wrote:

almost two-fold.

@sidsmomwrote:

@151949wrote:

almost two-fold.

LOL, @Trinity11.  I was just exploring to see if there was any significant findings about vegans living longer.  Nope.

@tansy I researched it after I did so poorly on the plant based diet. I presented with terrible blood test results 3 months after trying the diet. I even got a kidney stone which I never had on the Mediteranean diet.

My cardiac interventionist chastised me for following Internet guru nutrition. He said he lost many a patient to disordered eating with broken promises. A balanced diet is especially important for someone that has heart disease. Massive amounts of potatoes and beans isn't for everyone.

Beware of promises too good to be true. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My paltry two-cents:  I guess if you genetically predisposed to a condition, nothing will change that fact.  However, if you are then making lifestyle changes will move you a little less closer to death.  That could be eating a healthier diet, more exercise etc.

Personal note:  After eating a junky diet, I pretty much crave a salad or some vegetables and fruit.  I'll swap beans as a source of protien.

Lastly: As adults, we all know what we should and should not be doing as far as our health goes.  Some make dietary changes and some go with medication.  Kevin Smith along with million others had a scary rude awakening.

ps: Cows are not full fat.  They're bred to have fat because fat give food flavor and that's what sells.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

My paltry two-cents:  I guess if you genetically predisposed to a condition, nothing will change that fact.  However, if you are then making lifestyle changes will move you a little less closer to death.  That could be eating a healthier diet, more exercise etc.

Personal note:  After eating a junky diet, I pretty much crave a salad or some vegetables and fruit.  I'll swap beans as a source of protien.

Lastly: As adults, we all know what we should and should be doing as far as our goes.  Some make dietary changes and some go with medication.  Kevin Smith along with million others had a scary rude awakening.

ps: Cows are not full fat.  They're breed to have fat because fat give food flavor and that's what sells.

The issue is there isn't ONE DIET for EVERYONE that will prolong life. The myths and one size fits all promise of life extension with a vegan/plant based diet is just that...a myth.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

@qbetzforrealwrote:

Lastly: As adults, we all know what we should and should be doing as far as our goes.  Some make dietary changes and some go with medication.  Kevin Smith along with million others had a scary rude awakening.

ps: Cows are not full fat.  They're breed to have fat because fat give food flavor and that's what sells.

The issue is there isn't ONE DIET for EVERYONE that will prolong life. The myths and one size fits all promise of life extension with a vegan/plant based diet is just that...a myth.

okay.  I don't see where I said that but okay.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@qbetzforreal...I was just adding to your thoughts regarding lifestyle. You may be unfamiliar of the frequent threads from the OP regarding the plant based diet being the only diet for heart patients. Thus, our growing weary of the myths perpetuated here.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@qbetzforreal, factors like smoking, excessive alcohol and exercise all come into play, too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately there’s a mountain of science based, peer based

evidence that animal products, byproducts & oils harm the body.

If people don’t want to wrap their heads around the word ‘prolong’,

maybe the phrase “Quality of Life” might reasonate.

So many people just ‘die longer.’ 

My PB community Lives Longer.

There’s a huge difference.

Low Fat, Whole Foods, Plant Based lifestyle for 

optimum health & quality of life.

Is...always has been...and always will be.

Kevin Smith is a wonderfully talented person. Hope he recognizes

what so many have discovered to extend his life for his family.