Honored Contributor

Re: Kettle bell recommendations

On 6/26/2014 violann said: Many thanks Kitty. Smiley Happy!

You're very welcome. Glad my posts were of use and interest!

Honored Contributor

On 6/26/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Thanks from ME too Kitty - I like your approach! You've been very helpful and kind.

Honored Contributor

On 6/26/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/26/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Thanks from ME too Kitty - I like your approach! You've been very helpful and kind.

You're more than welcome.

I tend to go on and on if I'm not reined in

Super Contributor

There are some very good trainers that have their own DVD's for at home workouts. Lauren Brooks & Sarah Lurie to name a couple. They have from beginning to advanced workouts. Lauren's site has some good detail on what type of bells are best. When I started I purchased the RKC bells as they are made specifically for this. I wouldn't go the route of buying a cheap one in Target etc. if you are serious about it purchase the real deal. Before you start doing any routines at home it is best to be trained by a certified trainer first so you understand the moves & what they accomplish. You can go to the RKC website and they will have a location search bar for certified trainers. If you are in San Diego area Lauren Brooks is one of the best. If you are in Orange County Paul Daniels is the best. He was my trainer for KB & kickboxing until I moved Smiley Happy. HTH ETA: I also think Sarah Lurie is in San Diego.
Super Contributor

I just stumbled upon this thread at a perfect time. I am in the process of trying to find a good DVD to help me learn about this form of exercise. Thanks for the Kathy Smith recommendation. Does anyone else have a suggestion for a good beginner DVD? I work full time and have 3 kids, so I don't have time to join a gym or work with a trainer, so a good DVD could be my answer.

Also, I have a big question for one of the experts. Can I do a kettle bell workout every day? I know with weights, you are supposed to do them every other day to give your muscles time to rest. I was planning to walk on MWFs and do a kettle bell workout on T, Th and Sat. I heard that taking one day off is important.

Super Contributor

On 6/26/2014 kcubed said:

I just stumbled upon this thread at a perfect time. I am in the process of trying to find a good DVD to help me learn about this form of exercise. Thanks for the Kathy Smith recommendation. Does anyone else have a suggestion for a good beginner DVD? I work full time and have 3 kids, so I don't have time to join a gym or work with a trainer, so a good DVD could be my answer.

Also, I have a big question for one of the experts. Can I do a kettle bell workout every day? I know with weights, you are supposed to do them every other day to give your muscles time to rest. I was planning to walk on MWFs and do a kettle bell workout on T, Th and Sat. I heard that taking one day off is important.

Hi Kcubed: I posted just below or above (depending on your preferences) on some good trainers who have DVD's. Lauren Brooks does a full instruction of each move on her first DVD. You don't need to do KB's everyday. 3-4 times per wk is sufficient. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Paul Katami Kettlebell for Beginners DVD