Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Yea! I am Keto too! I wanted to start a thread last week but was afraid to get backlash. Been doing it since June 14th and am down 23 lbs. want to loss another 20. I use the carb manager app on my phone and iPad and count everything I put in my mouth.  I am 50 years old and a recent Breast cancer survivor. I take Tamoxifen and the cancer treatments put me into early menopause.

I am still losing weight on Keto diet and am over the moon happy! Feeling like myself again before the cancer and found my spark again. I try to do Whole Foods but drink bulletproof coffee about 4-5 times a week. I found a low carb whey protein from grass fed cows on amazon. It’s amazon brand and the chocolate is awesome! Vanilla is a little too sweet but I still drink it sometimes when I need to get my protein in. Dr. Eric Berg on YouTube has great videos and I get lots of books from the library. Reasearch is your best friend on this journey. Ketobars brand you can find their products on their own site and amazon. They are awesome!

Congratulations, @Sunnycorle , on being a BC Survivor and on your success so far.  I wish I wasn't so nervous about getting on a scale.  I know I'm losing because clothing is getting looser and my DH sees where it's happening.  Still, I have that mental block and fear of disappointment that the actual amount of pounds won't be as much as I'm hoping.

A friend of mine also recommended Dr. Berg.  I need to make it a point to get on youtube and watch him.  It seems I'm always reading, researching, etc.

@JeanLouiseFinch  Thank you! I feel better all the time and am so glad to have found Keto. I understand the fear of the scale, I didn’t do a before picture and now wish I did.  I don’t mind the scale since the numbers are going down and the loss number goes up. You will love Dr. Berg videos. Very smart man and knows his stuff!

Honored Contributor

I made Mexican blend cheese chaffles tonight and we used them for BLTA sandwiches.  Aside from burning my finger when I accidentally touched my waffle iron, they tasted really good and made a nice bread option.  My husband was impressed and kept saying how good they were.  Then he said he would like me to make them for breakfast sometime.  I already planned on making them when my sister and BIL visit next weekend but a different variation.

Super Contributor
@JeanLouiseFinch can you tell us the make/model of the waffle iron you’re using?
Honored Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
@JeanLouiseFinchcan you tell us the make/model of the waffle iron you’re using?

@StillRachB  I decided to go with a style that would make two waffles/chaffles at a time, even though everywhere I read people are going for the Dash that makes one small round waffle.  Anyway, mine is the Hamilton Beach 26009 Nonstick Belgian Waffle Maker, on Amazon for $22 bucks and change.  It's small and has a space saver design where you can sit it on its back in the cabinet. The plates are not removeable but are very easy to wipe off.

Hamilton Beach Double Belgian Waffle Iron.jpg

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I forgot to let you know about this, The Ketogenic Cookbook.  It not only has some interesting recipes, it provides nutritional info for each one (protein, carbs, fat, etc. plus percentages), which is a feature I find lacking in too many keto-based recipes.

I haven't made any recipes yet since it just arrived, but it's a hefty book with lots of options.  I prefer something to hold in hand in addition to online searching. 

Image result for Ketogenic Cookbook

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I forgot to let you know about this, The Ketogenic Cookbook.  It not only has some interesting recipes, it provides nutritional info for each one (protein, carbs, fat, etc. plus percentages), which is a feature I find lacking in too many keto-based recipes.

I haven't made any recipes yet since it just arrived, but it's a hefty book with lots of options.  I prefer something to hold in hand in addition to online searching. 

@GingerPeach wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Awesome!  Thanks, @GingerPeach !

Honored Contributor

I’m intrigued by the chaffles and just placed an order for the Dash mini.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Keto Sharing

[ Edited ]

@tansy 

I don't do keto, nor do I have any intention of doing keto. 

But, I looked up chaffle. I just made them. The basic egg and mozzarella.  Delicious.

It's difficult to describe the taste. French Toast with a little cheese here and there?

Honored Contributor

Re: Keto Sharing

[ Edited ]

@ILTH wrote:

@tansy 

But, I looked up chaffle. I just made them. The basic egg and mozzarella.  Delicious.

It's difficult to describe the taste. French Toast with a little cheese here and there?

I’m not keto either, @ILTH, but I keep carbs under 30 a day and don’t eat bread.  Thanks for the review🙂

Just to further clarify, I eat LCHF and eat within a window (intermittent fasting).  I do look at and use some keto recipes and ideas.

Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@tansy 

I’m not keto either, @ILTH, but I keep carbs under 30 a day and don’t eat bread.  Thanks for the review🙂

@tansy 

In my very limited (2 or 3 days) experience, the key is to make them fairly thin and cook them until they're very done and crisp -- just before the point of burning. Otherwise, they're just a cheese omelet.