Honored Contributor

Congratulations, @JeanLouiseFinch.  I have recently discovered Casey Durango on YouTube and enjoy her.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Hoovermom   How is the Carb Manager working for you?  I rely on it and faithfully plan and track my food daily.  Without it, it would be all guesswork. This morning, I’m down 80.6 lbs.  Keto works!

@JeanLouiseFinch :   I am doing something wrong and cannot figure it out......oh well.  Congratulations on the weight loss.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom, I wouldn't count calories until you get the hang of eating less than 20 carbs a day and you are not hungry.  I don't think Dr Fung recommends counting calories🤷🏼‍♀️

Contributor

Hello ladies. I'm thrilled with the Keto WOE. I never had to worry about excess weight until recently (I'm 56). In the last month I have lost 11 pounds. I'm so thrilled. My goal is about 15 more pounds. I want to get off my 2 blood pressure meds, and make my doc. happy. She recommended the Keto WOE, and intermittent fasting. Has anyone tried that? I'm a big breakfast person, so this was weird for me, but it's working. I have Bulletproof coffee (it's not bad, you get used to it) and then don't eat anything until noon. My "eating window" is noon to about 8 p.m. It's strange how you really don't have cravings. I was a huge sweets eater. Usually had 2 chocolate bars in my purse at all times, and granola and faux "healthy snacks" in my desk drawer. I baked a lot. There is something magical about eating whole foods (I'm big on dairy, no low fat, and plenty of cheese and eggs) that keeps you full. To me, the key is not feeling deprived. So my tip for cauiiflower is to use a box cheese grater to get it the right consistency. The store-bought bags of "riced" cauliflower were not small enough pieces. I rely on the "Easy 5-ingregient Keto Cookbook." Good luck, everyone!

Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried Chia Seed Pudding?  I made my first batch this morning.  For the liquid, I used half unsweetened almond milk and half HWC.  OMG, it's so creamy and delicious, and tastes like rice pudding!  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Has anyone tried Chia Seed Pudding?  I made my first batch this morning.  For the liquid, I used half unsweetened almond milk and half HWC.  OMG, it's so creamy and delicious, and tastes like rice pudding!  

I used to mix the chia seeds into some Premiere protein chocolate shake.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I make chia pudding all the time. One can coconut milk, 1-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1-2 packets stevia, 1-2 tbsp coconut flakes, and 1/4 cup chia seeds. Delicious.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Ketoers!  Howe’s everyone doing?  Doing well here - down 93 lbs. and counting.  Our thread hasn’t been very active for awhile. I wanted to share a recipe DH and I tried last night.  It makes 4 servings so it’s perfect for us.  We really enjoyed it.

Ham Broccoli Cheese Casserole 
Serves: 4

Ingredients
Broccoli florets, 4 cups 
Colby Jack Cheese, 1-1⁄2 cups 
Ham, Boneless, Cured, Extra Lean, 2 cups, cut pieces  

Mayonnaise (reg. - not the light stuff), 3⁄4 cup 

Sour Cream (full fat), 3⁄4 cup 
Onion Powder, 1⁄2 teaspoon
Basil, Dried, 1⁄2 teaspoon
Garlic, Salt, 1⁄2 teaspoon 
Thyme, Dried, 1⁄8 teaspoon
Paprika, 1⁄8 teaspoon

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375

2. Blanch the broccoli:- optional (I didn't) or thaw frozen

3. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cheese

4. Mix everything together except for reserved cheese for top

5. Spread in prepared 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese

6. Bake 35-45 mins

7. Let set 5-10 mins before serving.

Trusted Contributor
I’m bumping up because I want to read but am not able to right now.
I appreciate all the information that was shared.
Honored Contributor

Checking in this morning, to seenow the ketoers are doing.  DH and I continue to live the lifestyle and we’re still loving it.  Today is my 13 month ketoversary and I e finally crossed the 100 lb. loss threshold - down 102 lbs., to be exact.  

I hope you’re all doing well on your journey.