Honored Contributor

Here's another nice cookbook idea, The KetoDiet Cookbook by Martina Slajerova

The zucchini lasagna caught my eye.

Carb, protein, and fat grams are listed for each recipe.

Image result for ketodiet cookbook

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@StillRachB I love Peace Love and Low Carb too!  One of my favorite online resources is WholesomeYum.  Everything I've tried from her site has been really good.  She's also coming out with a cookbook later this month that I've pre-ordered.  I've tried a couple of recipes from HowToThisAndThat dot com that have been good too.  I can't think of any other specific sites off the top of my head, but I've been pleased with almost every recipe I've tried from free sites.  I try to stay away from recipes for sweets or bread replacements as I don't want to eat too many of those.

I only have two cookbooks at the moment, Quick & Easy Keto Cooking by Maria Emmerich and Keto for Foodies by Nicole Downs.  Both have tons of useful info and a lot of really good recipes.  I'll definitely check out the Keto in Pearls cookbook.

Your variations for the risotto sound awesome.  I love this WOE.  The food is so delicious and satisfying.  As a life long carb lover, I never thought I'd be able to stick with this.  Now I can't imagine ever going back to how I used to eat.  I feel great and feel comfortable in my own skin again now that I dropped the excess weight.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

So, earlier this week I was talking with one of our kids, he's planning to visit this weekend.  I always try to surprise him with a favorite meal or I'll ask if he has any requests.  Last time he was here I told him about chaffles, he just laughed at the name.  Well, when we talked the other day and I asked about dinner he said, "How about cheeseburgers on those cheese waffle things?"  This time I laughed.  I'm probably going to make cauliflower "mac" and cheese too.  We'll see how it goes over with him.  DH and I love it!

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Last week I cooked riced cauliflower and then sprinkled & nuked shredded pepper jack cheese on it ....YUM!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I need suggestions .....   what's a good product for coffee creamers?   Even the "no sugar" versions seem to have sugar.   No, I can't drink my coffee black ... I've tried.

So ..........    What do you-all put in your coffee?   

Super Contributor
@Tinkrbl44 I use Nutpods. Dairy free, no carbs, unsweetened. I either use it in my coffee/tea on its own or I’ll add a touch of monkfruit.
Trusted Contributor

If you are a fan of a spicy soup, I have a great recipe that I tried this week.  

https://thatlowcarblife.com/low-carb-taco-soup/

I followed the recipe (crockpot version) with a few minor variations.  I omitted cilantro because I despise it and added a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with peppers.  When serving, I mixed in some avocado and topped it with a spoonful of sour cream and some chopped scallions.  I also used chicken thighs instead of breasts.

I love soup in the fall/winter and I will definitely have this again.  It was the perfect amount of heat/spiciness for me, and it was sooo tasty and very filling. If you're interested in trying it, read the comments as there are lots of suggestions for other things to add to it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Keto Sharing

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I need suggestions .....   what's a good product for coffee creamers?   Even the "no sugar" versions seem to have sugar.   No, I can't drink my coffee black ... I've tried.

So ..........    What do you-all put in your coffee?   

@Tinkrbl44  You're right, you have to be a diligent label reader.  Sometimes it can get so aggravating, the things you see on the label.  I like the flavored powdered MCT oil.  Perfect Keto is a good brand.  There are others out there but you have to be careful of ingredients.  Some contain soluble corn fiber which is another name for maltodextrin, the enemy of keto.  Maltodextrin is a form of sugar but actually has a much higher glycemic index than table sugar.  It's a must that it is avoided. (BTW, avoid carrageenan too)  Since I do a daily 16:8 IF, I don't eat anything in the morning.  I only drink coffee until noon or so.  I add the powdered MCT oil to my morning coffees, but in the afternoon I do a loaded bulletproof coffee - flavored coffee grounds, liquid MCT oil, grassfed butter, and HWC.  I whip that cup up with my mini frother and it feels like I'm drinking the most decadent thing.  It's got a great amount of fat and next to no carbs.  

Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

If you are a fan of a spicy soup, I have a great recipe that I tried this week.  

https://thatlowcarblife.com/low-carb-taco-soup/

I followed the recipe (crockpot version) with a few minor variations.  I omitted cilantro because I despise it and added a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with peppers.  When serving, I mixed in some avocado and topped it with a spoonful of sour cream and some chopped scallions.  I also used chicken thighs instead of breasts.

I love soup in the fall/winter and I will definitely have this again.  It was the perfect amount of heat/spiciness for me, and it was sooo tasty and very filling. If you're interested in trying it, read the comments as there are lots of suggestions for other things to add to it.

It looks delicious!  I really enjoy soups in the fall and winter so I'll be testing this one.

Honored Contributor

I made a quick stop at Walmart today and saw an interesting new product.   Hash brown patties made of veggies ....  all cauli or cauli and broccoli.  The crust coating on the outside is made of brown rice powder.    Made by Green Giant.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I made a quick stop at Walmart today and saw an interesting new product.   Hash brown patties made of veggies ....  all cauli or cauli and broccoli.  The crust coating on the outside is made of brown rice powder.    Made by Green Giant.   

@Tinkrbl44  These are not keto friendly due to several ingredients; brown rice powder, cornstarch, and wheat flour.