Super Contributor
Sort of in conjunction with another thread, but wanted to post here to avoid negative comments. I’ve had terrible reflux for years. I’ve been taking generic OTC Zantac for about 4 years. Two years ago, during pregnancy, I had to start doubling my dose to 150 mg in the morning AND 150 mg at night. Near the end of my pregnancy, it stopped working so I switched to Prevacid. After giving birth, I went back to Zantac. That was 21 months ago. I’d still have breakthrough reflux. After the news about Zantac came out a couple of weeks ago, I stopped taking it. I had been on keto woe for a couple of weeks. Guess what....no reflux!!! I always thought dairy was a trigger. Now it seems that carbs/sugar were the trigger.
Honored Contributor

Re: Keto Sharing

[ Edited ]

That’s fantastic, @StillRachB!  Keto and talking MCT oil are great for gut health! For acid reflux patients and those who don’t have a gallbladder, they just need to make sure their fat is evenly distributed among their meals.  

Super Contributor
@JeanLouiseFinch I don’t have a gallbladder. I’ve had some issues, but nothing major and the benefits outweigh those specific side-effects, which are pretty similar to what I was experiencing before keto anyway.
Super Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
Sort of in conjunction with another thread, but wanted to post here to avoid negative comments. I’ve had terrible reflux for years. I’ve been taking generic OTC Zantac for about 4 years. Two years ago, during pregnancy, I had to start doubling my dose to 150 mg in the morning AND 150 mg at night. Near the end of my pregnancy, it stopped working so I switched to Prevacid. After giving birth, I went back to Zantac. That was 21 months ago. I’d still have breakthrough reflux. After the news about Zantac came out a couple of weeks ago, I stopped taking it. I had been on keto woe for a couple of weeks. Guess what....no reflux!!! I always thought dairy was a trigger. Now it seems that carbs/sugar were the trigger.

I had to suffered w heartburn , 10 months on keto , Gone. Not to mention, no more night sweats, hot flashes & skin tags disappearing.  So many benefits to this woe . I am strick keto, clean eating. 94lb gone forever . 53 years old. 

Honored Contributor

Glad to find this thread !!!

I haven't read all the posts yet,  but wanted to say I LOVE the mashed cauliflower that is very similar to mashed potatoes!  I believe it's Bird'sEye brand.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Glad to find this thread !!!

I haven't read all the posts yet,  but wanted to say I LOVE the mashed cauliflower that is very similar to mashed potatoes!  I believe it's Bird'sEye brand.

@Tinkrbl44    I have some in my freezer but haven’t tried it yet.  I have been reading about cooked radishes being a good replacement for potatoes.  It sounds weird but people in the keto group I follow rave about them. They can go in the crockpot with a pot roast, oven roasted or in a skillet.  I plan to try them tomorrow.   I’ve made cauliflower “Mac & cheese” a couple of times.  We like it!

Super Contributor
I make my own cauli mash by blanching fresh cauliflower. Drain, add a little butter, cream, and parmesan. Then I use my immersion blender. Utterly delicious. I don’t miss potatoes one bit.
Trusted Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
I make my own cauli mash by blanching fresh cauliflower. Drain, add a little butter, cream, and parmesan. Then I use my immersion blender. Utterly delicious. I don’t miss potatoes one bit.

I think cauliflower must be just about the most versatile veggie.  I've made risotto, mash, mac and cheese, potato salad, soups, casseroles and so many more delicious recipes with califlower being the main ingredient.  Tonight I made a chicken alfredo cauli casserole with a side of zoodles that was fantastic.

There are so many great recipes online that sometimes I have such a hard time deciding what I want for the week....so many choices!

Super Contributor
@ikat what are some of your favorite online sources for recipes? I love Peace Love and Low Carb! I also just bought Keto in Pearls’ cookbook and it’s fantastic. I’ve been making cauliflower risotto for years! It’s super versatile. I make different versions with grape tomatoes, or mushrooms, or asparagus. A pinch of saffron is a delicious addition, too. I love it with a couple of fried eggs on top, or with a piece of fish. Also, when I have a craving for pizza or pasta, I sauté some riced cauli, add some Rao’s sauce, mozzarella cheese, and top with some crispy baked turkey pepperoni. It’s italian comfort food in keto form!
Honored Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
@ikat what are some of your favorite online sources for recipes? I love Peace Love and Low Carb! I also just bought Keto in Pearls’ cookbook and it’s fantastic. I’ve been making cauliflower risotto for years! It’s super versatile. I make different versions with grape tomatoes, or mushrooms, or asparagus. A pinch of saffron is a delicious addition, too. I love it with a couple of fried eggs on top, or with a piece of fish. Also, when I have a craving for pizza or pasta, I sauté some riced cauli, add some Rao’s sauce, mozzarella cheese, and top with some crispy baked turkey pepperoni. It’s italian comfort food in keto form!

@StillRachB  Have you tried the Fathead Pizza Crust?  We have been big pizza eaters our whole lives. I make it at home now a couple of times a month.  RAO's sauce is the best!