Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Qshopper1991  I did keep stevia for my tea although I'm not big on sweets at all.  In fact, I've gotten sick off of a box of raisins and the natural sugar just in those mini boxes.  LOL  Once you come off, your body wants you stay off big time.

I am even more restrictive and do no meat at all with the exception of maybe once a month when I have company come and they always want to go out to eat.    

I am usually a sweet potato and beans kind of gal these days.   And I live for my cucumber salads. 

Just for clarification, though. That is not a keto diet @Laura14. Sweet potatoes and beans would completely put a person out of ketosis.

Honored Contributor
@Trinity11 I actually just had my annual and I'm there. It does work for me maybe because I don't eat a lot and I also limit my eating window.
Honored Contributor

Re: Keto Diet Again

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot@sidsmom

I'm not sure what you two think a keto diet is supposed to be but any low carb diet done in a healthful way is by definition heavily plant based.

Know for a fact what it is before you criticize what you think it is.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
@Trinity11I actually just had my annual and I'm there. It does work for me maybe because I don't eat a lot and I also limit my eating window.

@Laura14... do you mean that eating beans and sweet potatoes still puts you into ketosis? You are actually spilling ketones? Usually it takes a very restrictive carbohydrate intake to place a person into ketosis...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  According to my urinalysis, I was there two weeks ago. 

This whole summer I have done primarily salads, eggs, sweet potatoes, and garbanzo bean and almond breads.    I really think it's because of the fasting more so than the actual food choices.  I don't think I am hitting the threshold to knock myself out.   

I do ketoflex and don't count carbs like the other programs.  I refuse to get that nuts about it and I'm not doing it for weight loss.  I'm totally within a normal weight and have no real weight to lose.  For me it's about staying healthy long term and basically no grains, no dairy, no sugar.     

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Trinity11  According to my urinalysis, I was there two weeks ago. 

This whole summer I have done primarily salads, eggs, sweet potatoes, and garbanzo bean and almond breads.    I really think it's because of the fasting more so than the actual food choices.  I don't think I am hitting the threshold to knock myself out.   

I do ketoflex and don't count carbs like the other programs.  I refuse to get that nuts about it and I'm not doing it for weight loss.  I'm totally within a normal weight and have no real weight to lose.  For me it's about staying healthy long term and basically no grains, no dairy, no sugar.     

Thanks so much for your reply @Laura14. It sounds like you have a great deal of will power and determination.

My daughter is doing a healthier meal plan with a Paleo program and she has lost 18 pounds. She tried my calorically restricted diet and got nowhere with it so this is working for her. She is also very sports oriented and did the "Tough Mudder." Clearly, she takes after my husband and not myself. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot@sidsmom

I'm not sure what you two think a keto diet is supposed to be but any low carb diet done in a healthful way is by definition heavily plant based.

Know for a fact what it is before you criticize what you think it is.

@Laura14

Excuse me, but I have not made any criticism of a keto diet.

And, for the record, I am not part of a "duo" here.  I have my own opinions.

Additionally, I am very aware of what a keto diet is.  I know vegans who eat a keto diet.  Yes, a whole foods, plant based keto diet. And, as of course you know, not all keto diets are plant based.  And there are numerous people who would disagree with you that a plant based keto diet is the only healthy way to DO a keto diet. My ONLY comment to you was that your diet sounded like a plant based diet.

Oh, yes, and I said that I am all for whatever works for an individual.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  Congrats to your daughter and you!  Everyone has a method that works best for them.  I'm good with discipline and I don't have the distraction of a family so I can literally do whatever I want at anytime which helps.  No one is bringing in any food into the house except me.     

I have slowly been dropping the bad stuff out of my diet for the past decade and I've finally arrived at what seems to really make me feel better and what is scientifically supposed to help me long term based on my personal makeup.  I'm sticking with it for now.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14

This is a good illustration of the different diets.

It’s extremely hard to have a large plant-based foundation

when only consuming 20% of total calories as carbohydrates.

Yes, there is Vegan Keto but it rarely is defined as whole-food.

They consume lots of processed oils, which is never healthy.

And yes, I stand alone with my posts.

I’ve been talking about a Low Fat Whole Food Plant Based 

Lifestyle long before many here were even registered posters.

My message has always been consistent:

LFWFPB for optimum health.

Keto & other low carb diets are not healthy in the long term. Period.

First we don’t know how diabetes works &

now we don’t know what Keto is. Learn. 

35C484CF-E7D8-4735-A3BE-91694F2554DD.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

Vegan keto - done right.  Yes, this is a whole foods plant based option.  Maybe not for you, but it is high nutrient density and not full of processed oils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qECeG6ABAZ4&t=98s