Honored Contributor
@sidsmom This graphic is completely unrepresentative of a keto diet done right. It is a cartoon of what most people think it is.

And to say it is unhealthy when done right is indicative of a total lack of recognition that it is part of reversing some of the most horrible diseases we have going right now. Get out of the bubble and learn more about the world and what's out there for you. You may need it some day.

You're entitled to your ignorance. But I really hope you at some point open up to that learning you are espousing and update your information to match the new science or in diabetes' case the just plain scientific facts.

Honored Contributor

It’s not called ‘ignorance’....it’s called a choice.

I do plenty of research about the other lifestyles before embarking

on discussions. And yes, even after all that time I devote much

time learning about the ‘opposition’ (which I suspect many ALL in this

community don’t do), my conclusion is still LFWFPB lifestyle.

The research is overwhelmingly positive than anything else

for optimum health.  And not just the ‘opposition’ but vegans

can still die of heart conditions if consuming high fat.

@Laura14

If you, or anyone reading this wants to learn, I will do my best to offer

my knowledge on this forum, like I’ve done many years before now.

No matter how ugly you get with your words, I will still help.

I offer that to you.  

Side story:

On Monday learned of a Dallas Police Officer who died of

a heart attack.

59yrs old.

He was ‘workout healthy’, in fact was out jogging & working in the

yard before he had a sudden fatal heart attack. A strapping officer

who looked & performed much younger than 59yrs. 

Since everyone knows everyone in the Force, my SO (who is an officer)

was shaken with this news.  I, too, was sad...but now I’m angry.

People are dying too soon.

Why aren’t people understanding nutrition can heal you or kill you?

My resolve is to continue to champion for the best diet for health...

Low Fat Whole Food Plant Based. 

I ain’t goin’ away.

But I will be here if one wants to learn....before it’s too late.

Learn something.

Please.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom  My condolences to this officer's family. 

Unfortunately, the facts usually are in a case like this that it is a genetic abnormality in the cardiovascular system that causes sudden cardiac death at a young age.   

And not even nutrition (yours or mine) can help that.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@sidsmom  My condolences to this officer's family. 

Unfortunately, the facts usually are in a case like this that it is a genetic abnormality in the cardiovascular system that causes sudden cardiac death at a young age.   

And not even nutrition (yours or mine) can help that.  

My condolences as well.

@Laura14 My interventionalist is the head of cardiology in one of the best hospitals in the country. His success rate is unprecedented. I recently asked him about diet and asked him to address a plant based diet. Why did it not lower my cholesterol and why did I feel so weak and sick when I followed it. Why was my skin so dry and I had a distinctive pallor no amount of makeup could hide. His reply was that not everyone thrives on the same meal plan. He said there is no real reliable information other than keeping weight down along with cholesterol and blood sugar to suggest any specific meal plan to avoid cardiovascular disease.

Plant based diets are not for everyone and there are no real studies about them prolonging life. He has had patients who thrive on them and others who don't. No specific diet is keeping his heart patients alive longer. Medications, weight control and exercise work. As someone who was in heart failure, I am a testimony for his advice having regained my strength and my ejection fraction is now normal...something I never thought possible.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  I can't speak to nutrition and heart disease as much as I can for neurological disorders which is where most of my attention has been. 

I don't think any cardiologist is going to say saturated fatty meats and sugar are going to keep you off his table.  There is enough science to back that up that they can and will do you in with the cholesterol levels and blood sugar issues alone.

I also don't think everyone has to be a vegan or even vegetarian.  That's ridiculous.  I have spent a lot of time learning about one of our major fat genes.  I posted this before but most people have a neutral genome for that.

That means you swing your destiny or health either way with what you eat and if you exercise, etc.  Everything we've all been told to do.  That means if you eat everything including meats and sweets in moderation most people will do just fine.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Trinity11  I can't speak to nutrition and heart disease as much as I can for neurological disorders which is where most of my attention has been. 

I don't think any cardiologist is going to say saturated fatty meats and sugar are going to keep you off his table.  There is enough science to back that up that they can and will do you in with the cholesterol levels and blood sugar issues alone.

I also don't think everyone has to be a vegan or even vegetarian.  That's ridiculous.  I have spent a lot of time learning about one of our major fat genes.  I posted this before but most people have a neutral genome for that.

That means you swing your destiny or health either way with what you eat and if you exercise, etc.  Everything we've all been told to do.  That means if you eat everything including meats and sweets in moderation most people will do just fine.

Yes, @Laura14. That's why my physician mentioned good cholesterol levels, optimum blood sugar control and exercise being the catalyst for a healthy life. Stress control also is essential. No specific diet plan. Whatever diet brings a patient to optimum health. An individualized nutritional approach...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  I am all for it!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Just Googled it. Doesn't sound vegetarian friendly.

Any diet will work if you keep track of WHAT YOU eat and exercise. Remember eat less, exercise more.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

For anyone interested in following a vegan ketogenic diet.

Low fat high carb does not work well for many individuals.  

I am posting this for informational purposes and have no desire to argue it's merits or lack of as no one here is an expert in either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmhaj7h8s_w&t=238s

Honored Contributor

Re: Keto Diet Again

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11  I just wanted to say thank you.  In your comment about what I've been eating lately, it definitely needed some variety.  I can do much better. 

Got some new recipes and I'm excited to broaden the food spectrum with some pumpkin bread, zoodles, and I am still on a mission to find a fish I like and will eat. 

My life has been so upside down lately I got off course with not making time for proper meals and I want to thank you for putting me back on the path.  Heart