Honored Contributor

Re: Keto Coffee creamer that actually Tastes Good? 😋

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It’s very hard to find a commercially made keto cream that’s truly keto.  So many are labeled keto but the ingredients are another story. I do an 18:6 IF schedule so mornings are coffee only for me. I add MCT oil to my coffee because it doesn’t break a fast.  Sometimes I’ll use a powdered version.  Later in the day I’ll use HWC. I’ve also resorted to buying flavored coffee grounds rather than getting flavored creamers. The creamer recipe posted sounds really good though.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

If you don't mind me asking .... what is that?   

@Tinkrbl44  I don’t mind at all!  IF stands for Intermittent Fasting.  It’s when you postpone  eating for a certain period of time. 18:6 means I stop eating at 6:00pm and don’t eat again until noon the following day.  The combination of the keto diet and IF is super good for your body, brain health, gut health, anti aging, anti cancer. Dr. Eric Berg has some informative videos on it. 

Trusted Contributor

I use regular half and half and mix in Laird Superfood creamers if I want flavor.  

There are a couple people you should follow on you tube for great Keto suggestions - FlavCity and Thomas Delauer.  Both give great information.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It’s very hard to find a commercially made keto cream that’s truly keto.  So many are labeled keto but the ingredients are another story. I do an 18:6 IF schedule so mornings are coffee only for me. I add MCT oil to my coffee because it doesn’t break a fast.  Sometimes I’ll use a powdered version.  Later in the day I’ll use HWC. I’ve also resorted to buying flavored coffee grounds rather than getting flavored creamers. The creamer recipe posted sounds really good though.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@Tinkrbl44  I don’t mind at all!  IF stands for Intermittent Fasting.  It’s when you postpone  eating for a certain period of time. 18:6 means I stop eating at 6:00pm and don’t eat again until noon the following day.  The combination of the keto diet and IF is super good for your body, brain health, gut health, anti aging, anti cancer. Dr. Eric Berg has some informative videos on it. 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Hmm.  Very interesting, but I could never stop eating at 6pm.  I just cannot sleep on an empty stomach, even with sleeping pills.  My father never could, either.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Hmm.  Very interesting, but I could never stop eating at 6pm.  I just cannot sleep on an empty stomach, even with sleeping pills.  My father never could, either.

@Tinkrbl44  That’s the schedule that suites me, the fasting and eating periods are flexible to the user.  I e chosen this schedule because I can have dinner and a dessert, and I’m set. I don’t start eating again until noon the next day so most of my fasting is during the night and I’m just skipping breakfast.  I do have coffee in the morning with MCT oil.  It keeps me satisfied yet doesn’t break a fast.  If you’d prefer evening eating, then set it up that way to begin eating later in the afternoon.  

Respected Contributor

@violann 

Congratulations on your weight loss! Did you lose it on Keto? How long did it take you? Did you also do intermittent fasting? I need to lose 70 pounds. I'd appreciate any tips you might have. I'd especially appreciate help with a meal plan. Did you food prep? Did you exercise? I have a hard time exercising due to my Arthritic pain. And I have to admit, I hate exercising! Lol! I'd like to lose at least 50 pounds by September as I'm going to have a partial knee replacement. Thanks! Starr

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Regular Contributor

hallo there, I can suggest a web site to you, it's called Diet Doctor dot com. There are eating plans of all kinds ( with recipes) and they have a lovely 2 week challenge (that's free) that you can sign up for, with daily email with information all about how and why you eat this way. Lots of articles to read and alll backed with science.

As an aside: the name might be offputting to some , but it is a direct translation of the original Swedish website.

Respected Contributor

@clarika 

Thank you! I'll look at it now! 🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran