Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Absolutely @tsavorite   I didn't realize I left them out.  It is called Siete.  You can get it through Amazon but I ordered direct through their website sietefoods.com.  Free two day shipping and no tax.  It's a couple bucks cheaper to go direct.   

Everything is grain free, dairy free, soy free and a lot of other things free.  Even the flavored chips are flavored naturally.  Nothing bad that I've found yet and I am very picky about taste and I love most of what I've tried. 

The tortillas wrap beautifully and I've frozen packs at a time, thawed in the fridge when needed and they come out very well.  So far, no complaints although I am not a fan of the lime chips.  They're okay but I prefer the sea salt and nacho and ranch. No salt is good too.   The lime just gets to me after a while but that's my taste buds and not the product.  

@Laura14 

Thanks for this.  I can’t handle grains and occasionally would like some sort of bread substitute.  I’ll have to check it out!👍

Honored Contributor

@geezerette   I am currently stalking my front porch waiting for Fedex during my lunch break.  I need my nachos like now.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: KETO diet plans

[ Edited ]

Some friends of mine have been doing Keto and have lost weight quickly, have more energy, and seem to be more positive than I recall them being prior to Keto.

So, one day I decided to try Keto....there was something in a magazine that gave you what to eat for one day. I did it and was shocked to see that I lost 2.2 pounds by the next morning! Well, that wasn't bad at all! ha! Even if it might have been water weight, it was nice to step on the scale and see that.

I thought I would do it another day and started out quite nicely, but my sister called and wanted to get together. There is an hour distance between us, so we always meet in the middle for a Baskin Robbins hot fudge sundae, which I ate. I was again shocked that I didn't put the 2.2 pounds back on. My weight just remained at the same loss.

May do that occasionally when I want to lose a few pounds fast for a special event.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

I discovered Siete, too, and was happy with those lime chips for quite some time, but then I guess my taste buds had had enough.

It's time to try the other options.  It's amazing what we can buy today that we couldn't just a short time ago.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor
@GingerPeach I was so thrilled to discover them. Everything I need without doing it myself.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14  and anyone else interested, for filing under the "you may also like" category, Birch Benders paleo pancake mix is quite good.

Birch Benders now has a keto version as well, which I haven't tried yet so can't report as to taste.

Just add water to either one.

Usually I am doing the 16/8 fast, but once in a while I might like pancakes for Sunday breakfast.  I halve the minimum recipe on the label, and it's perfect for one.  

Available at Whole Foods and amazon and some other places, too, like Target.

Paleo Pancake & Waffle Mix by Birch Benders, Low-Carb, High Protein, High Fiber, Gluten-free, Low Glycemic, Prebiotic, Made with Cassava, Coconut & Almond Flour, 12 oz Image result for birch benders keto pancake mix

Honored Contributor
@GingerPeach Thanks!!
Regular Contributor

Actually it is not unheard of for it to happen. Best advice I can give is to educate yourself on cholestrol in and outs. This site is highly recommended: cholestrolcode dot com.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach   Found the mixes at Whole Foods today.  Thank you!

I am also putting Kite Hill on the list.  I decided to try their nut based cream cheese which is dairy free and made with almond milk.  Two thumbs WAY up!!  Tastes just like cream cheese but no cream or cheese.

I also stocked back up on Vegan Valley sauces.  They make a couple different kinds.  If you love cheese smothered anything but don't want to do actual cheese, their cashew cheeze and the alfredo version are out of this world and completely vegan with no dairy.    All made from nuts.  I cleaned them out today to stock up again.  I put it on my sweet potatoes and grain free pastas all the time.

Honored Contributor

I hope you like them, @Laura14 

Did you buy both or just the keto?  Let me know how you like the keto.  I plan to try that one as soon as I use up my paleo pancake mix.

I haven't tried Kite Hill so thanks for that recommendation.  Some of the Daiya brand cheese substitutes are good, too.  Not all, but I find it interesting that they do come close to an authentic cheese taste.