Honored Contributor

Re: K N 95 MASKS

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I hoard them for use in a hospital/urgent care type setting where I may have a higher chance to be exposed to people with Covid, although you never know where those people may be.

All we can do is try......

@KingstonsMom 

And so many were/are adament that everyone wears their mask to protect others. SMH

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: K N 95 MASKS

[ Edited ]

I had N-95 masks at the start of the Pandemic.  In my state they are now required (fit tested) for anyone volunteering / working in animal shelters.

Some hospital visits I’ve had have required everyone wear the blue, paper masks, so I put it over the N-95.

I also have 2 double layer 100% cotton masks with a place

for a filter, I cut Melina, unbleached, etc. filters to fit. Don’t wear this often, but it is the most comfortable.

Hope more good choices become available.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest 

Did you get the POWECOM brand of KN95 masks from Amazon? How did they work out

————————

@SilleeMee Jumping in here, we just received some POWECOM KN95 masks. We haven’t worn them out yet, but they fit both of us well and are comfortable. I also like that they come with a security seal and you can check the number on their website to make sure they are authentic. 

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

UnitedStatesMasks.com has N95 masks for sale. Pack of 20 for $45.00 plus s/h

this is a Ft Worth company. there is an interesting story in sundays Dallas Morning News about this company. They had make masks for many years and had been shut out of bidding due to lower prices from China. When the pandemic hit they restarted the production of N95 but are still having to compete with lower prices from China. 

Thanks for posting about them. They're sold out, but I submitted my email to be notified when they're restocked. 

People should be aware that beards  compromise the effectiveness of N95s, so they won't really protect a bearded person the way they should. There are videos on YouTube that walk you through how to get a good fit with an N95.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another retail site.

Super Contributor

I got poofed because I provided a link to a KF94 mask that you can find on Amazon in packages of 10 for about $19.

KF stands for Korean Filter and 94 stands for 94%. They are FDA approved. One of the things I like about them is that you can use them with a glitzy mask over them for a little bit of bling, but they are better than just standard cloth masks.

We'll see if this bit of useful info gets to stay...

Respected Contributor

I have found a company that makes medical grade masks here in the USA. They are awaiting approval for their N95 masks that will be sold to the public. The company is called Armbrust. They give lots of information about all the masks on the market today. Sadly they are not sold on amazon but Google is easy to use. Great quality and wonderful customer service!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I have a box of N95 masks I bought at a neighborhood hardware store -- I wear these for painting, sanding, and other home improvement chores.   Then, when the pandemic hit, I was ready for it.  Who knew?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I have a box of N95 masks I bought at a neighborhood hardware store -- I wear these for painting, sanding, and other home improvement chores.   Then, when the pandemic hit, I was ready for it.  Who knew?

@tototwo 

Do your masks have the valve on them? If they do then you need to put tape over them.

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

I have found a company that makes medical grade masks here in the USA. They are awaiting approval for their N95 masks that will be sold to the public. The company is called Armbrust. They give lots of information about all the masks on the market today. Sadly they are not sold on amazon but Google is easy to use. Great quality and wonderful customer service!

I know biden wants to have more made ,so the public can get them, i think this will be hard to do ,because medical people need to keep getting them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.