Honored Contributor

Just when you least expect it..boom a coldsore

There's no rhyme or reason for this!!! It'll go away in about a week. It's more rare now then it used to be, but still, come on!!! LOL

Anyone else get these? Do you use CampoPhenique? I do and it helps. What's your remedy, and do you get bothered by these?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Just when you least expect it..boom a coldsore

Yes, I have gotten them since I was a little kid. I use Abreva when I can feel the tingling and try to catch it early. I also get a prescription from my doc when I get them a lot. (Last fall 3 times, whereas usually I might get 1-2 a year.). Stress seems to be the trigger for me.
Honored Contributor

Yes- and they're a pain. I also use the Campho Phenique with drying action, but I have also used oil of oregano (popped open the capsule and spread the oil on). I have used witch hazel to dry it out too.

I take Lysine supplements to ward them off also.

I like this too, from the health food store.

Super Contributor

I swear by Abreva. It makes mine go away in 2 - 3 days.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Esteemed Contributor

I used to get them, until I found a cure. Yes, a cure. H-balm from Forces of Nature. It is essential oils that are antifungal/antibacterial that you use topically (not on mouth), which wipes out the virus, which can erupt at any time into a cold sore. Amazon has it, but I've gotten mine from the Forces of Nature website.

Super Contributor

As soon as I get a familiar tingle I reach for the lysine caplets and take one or two several times a day for maybe a week. That seems to knock them out of my system. Nice to see the lysine ointment. I will be on the look out for it.

Respected Contributor

I just got a dandy cold sore this weekend because I was out in the sun all weekend. Abreva works like a charm and I start using it as soon as I feel one coming on.

Respected Contributor

Red wine, or, more specifically, dried red wine, like it gets in the bottom of the glass before you wash it. There's something in it that heals cold sores. I never get cold sores myself, but a friend swears by this method.

Super Contributor

As soon as I get a familiar tingle I reach for the lysine caplets and take one or two several times a day for maybe a week. That seems to knock them out of my system. Nice to see the lysine ointment. I will be on the look out for it.

Frequent Contributor

I have used herpecinL HL30 for a long time. A pharmacist recommended this to me. As soon as I feel one developing I start to use it. I also use in winter for dry lips.