Super Contributor

Re: Just stopped by to share what I am going through

@Kachina624 Diagnosed and living with this disease.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry you're suffering from this, @gracie2014, and have been suffering for so long.  Smiley Sad

I hope you feel better soon.  Heart Heart

Image result for squirrel hug

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Super Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel Thank you, I haven't had an infusion in almost a year...so thats a good thing..tight now just terribly exhausted and my muscles so week. I live in a state where healthcare is not the best..currently it looks like there three of us dealing with the illness..one will be airlifted to Miami if she does not improve over the next day. How are you feeling? Lol, and thanks for the squirrel hug!

Esteemed Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel Thank you, I haven't had an infusion in almost a year...so thats a good thing..tight now just terribly exhausted and my muscles so week. I live in a state where healthcare is not the best..currently it looks like there three of us dealing with the illness..one will be airlifted to Miami if she does not improve over the next day. How are you feeling? Lol, and thanks for the squirrel hug!

You're welcome,  @gracie2014!!

Honestly, I don't feel so good tonight.  I ate a bowl of cereal yesterday morning and not much else.  My stomach is bothering me.  (Yuck)

It sounds like you're probably going to be getting another infusion then?  That sounds like a pain in the butt, but at least if you'll feel okay for awhile it's a good thing.

Super Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel the infusions aren't bad...its the boredom that sets in...and for the last couple of years my hemoglobin drops to very low levels..iron infusions are given in addition to the panhematin and potassium given because that is also dropping...they can't figure out the reason...

I hope your tummy feels better, I jist had soup and sipped on ice water.

Esteemed Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel the infusions aren't bad...its the boredom that sets in...and for the last couple of years my hemoglobin drops to very low levels..iron infusions are given in addition to the panhematin and potassium given because that is also dropping...they can't figure out the reason...

I hope your tummy feels better, I jist had soup and sipped on ice water.

@gracie2014

I've got some Gatorade here.  Soup actually doesn't sound bad...and I think I may have some.

I hate boredom.  I get agitated when I'm bored.  Do you have a Netflix or Hulu account?  At least then you could watch movies in the hospital (if you have a laptop or tablet).  I have Hulu, and the movies are mostly kind of bad, but the Netflix player won't work on my computer for some reason.  I'll bet Netflix has a better selection of movies than Hulu.  There's only so much magazine reading and word-searches or crosswords one can do before it becomes boring.

Super Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel  Yes, I have netflix...you should see mw the day before I know I am due to be discharged..II let them know look I need the discharge papers done the day before..so once the last infusion is complete..its hysterical..all of my doctors are put on notice..they all go looking for one another making sure everyone has signed off.....I have this one doctor..who is this beautiful and brilliant, little blonde...the other docs always laugh when they see her..telling her the patient in room xyx is climbing the walls, roaming the halls looking for her...its a running joke.

Esteemed Contributor

@gracie2014

Yeah, yuck, who wants to be in the hospital?  They sure don't make it feel homey, and they're always coming in to bother you when you want to sleep, but take an hour when you need something.  

I think I'm going to sign off for a bit and watch a movie.  I hope you are able to get a nap in this morning!!

Super Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel Thanks, hope you have a better day!

Respected Contributor

Sorry for those suffering with this.