Respected Contributor

Just sharing about BP and beets

Was recently diagnosed with high BP. Didn’t see it coming. I thought I had to try exercising which I should. But I started taking beet root capsules and they have dramatically lowered my BP. Bad reading, just about 5-7 days ago: 142/86. After taking the beet root capsules for just a few days, my reading today (many readings taken, all similar), 114/75. No other changes made to my lifestyle. If you google it, it is shown to have this effect but perhaps the FDA doesn’t approve it for that. Just wanted to share my good results with you. No side effects from the beet root capsules.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just sharing about BP and beets

That sounds great & I hope it continues to work for you!  Where did you find the beet root capsules?

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

That sounds great & I hope it continues to work for you!  Where did you find the beet root capsules?

I saw a lot on Amazon but I picked mine up at CVS. They are called radiance platinum fermented beets 500mg. I take 2 caps 2 times a day. 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx   Thanks!  I will look into them!

Honored Contributor

I also read a report recently that eating beets/beet juice has the same effect of lowering high BP.

And I happen to love cold sliced beets with sliced onions in vinegar (Vidalia onions preferably, when in season) or sliced beets warmed up. 

https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/news/20121212/beetroot-juice-blood-pressure#1

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/a-new-way-to-beet-high-blood-pressure

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Beet ‘capsules’ are ok, but they are just a panacea.

Why is your blood pressure high to begin with?

-That’s- what one should work on to lower BP.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

Nice of you to share this info with others, and glad to hear this is working for you. However!  Nothing replaces Exercise when it comes to anyone's body. Better fit human body's pair well with overall good health. 

Good Health helps getting and being physically and mentally fit. Good Fitness helps immensely when it comes to fighting Health Issues. Being Physically Fit, can, and in my case did, mean the difference between living and dying.

BP is very important, but fitness adds to that, along with just plain feeling better every waking hour. You say "I should", and I whole heartedly agree.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Nothing replaces exercise and relieving stress that is rampant these days--both take alot of work---I am finding that I have white coat syndrome---seems like everytime I go to the dr and they want a b/p, I can work myself into a frenzy, which shoots my pressure way up---but when I take it at home, it is as it should be. This is prob from my dealing with a breast cancer dx in 2012 and all the trauma and stress from that. Also, doesn't the time of day have alot to do with a higher reading?  Usually higher in the p.m. than the a.m. I find not watching any news about anything........taking a walk and doing some breathing and meditation works very well. 

Honored Contributor

We put pickled beerts into sour salads with dinner, they are delish!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

We put pickled beerts into sour salads with dinner, they are delish!!

@Shelbelle .  What is a sour salad?