Respected Contributor

I'm a pretty laid back girl, kids are grown, homes of their own, 2 grandsons 15 yo and 2 month old (love them both dearly) I had a knee replacement in May of this year and due to the osteoarthritis in my knee, I developed degenerative tears in my Achillis tendon . I just had surgery this past Wednesday so I am in a splint and using a walker which has been very difficult. I stayed with my daughter until today, came back home to find my u-verse box had died. What a bummer, I keep my TV on all night.  I got it fixed, hooked up another box from another room.( all while struggling on a walker, home alone)  I stumped my big toe on my surgery foot trying to step up onto my front porch coming into the house today, such pain! My grandson (15) just came over to  stay with  me (he's my heart, hugs me everytime he see's me). My daughter got rear ended today by a 16 yo kid who was not paying attention to the road (admitted by his mom) and thank goodness my daughter is ok (she did not have the baby with her)  Now my Mom has been in a skilled rehab facility from a small stroke she had about a month ago and has been discharged today but the transportation service did not show up so I had to raise a rukus because they went yesterday to pick her up instead of today as I scheduled. I got that straightened out finally so she will get home tonight. I said all of that to say I am truly blessed although in pain, hard to get around, in a splint for 2 weeks, no weight bearing and family issues to boot.  Oh and I will not be able to cook Christmas dinner this year as I do every year.  So Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night. Count your blessings

Regular Contributor

As I read your post I thought how much I relate.  I fell down the stairs in October and broke my fibula, had surgery, and just started back to work this week.  It was so tough to get around, and every task is so major. You do seem to have a good attitude, and I think that's mist important. I won't say I haven't been frustrated at times but I do try to be thankful it wasn't anything more serious. Hang in there! Merry Christmas!🎆🎄

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry!  Best wishes.  I'll get better.

Trusted Contributor

It'll get better, not I'll get better.  Sorry.

Honored Contributor

Bless you and your family.... your attitude is great!

I fell down a flight of stairs in 2010, hitting my face on the bottom banister, a concussion and 3 brain bleeds.  My DH was home in the garage and heard me fall.  DH said I wasn't breathing until he moved me. The neuro was really concerned about the bleeds and I had to stay in the hospital.  They healed without surgery and I thank God.  I still have some residual issues including a slight balance problem but I'm SO grateful to be here that it's ok....  it's ALL okay!  I'm one of those that if I have to use a cane (don't have to yet).... it'll be bedazzled in a week~!    Merry Christmas ..... take good care.  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

You ladies are all rock stars ! You seem to handle all of your  problems with good humor and grace. You have my admiration and besy wishes for a happy holiday !!!!!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Thanks all. We all have our own stories to tell. I'm anxious to hear many more. I am 65 will look forward to retiring next year so I can enjoy my grandchildren even more. Blessings to all, enjoy the holidays   

Honored Contributor
Definitely not the Christmas you had planned. Hope things start improving for you.
Esteemed Contributor

Hope you feel better soon & time passes quickly so this will all be behind you ..... Happy Holidays to you & your family.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for all the commotion going on for you now......hope you Have a Merry Christmas and can sit back and laugh at all of it down the road...