Trusted Contributor

Re: Just had a strange phone call......

There were actually studies done about pharmacist led interventions that found people were more likely to correctly take meds, stay on meds or discuss possible needed meds with their doctor. Lots of people have better interactions with their pharmacist than their doctor. 

I do think this is the kind of thing that should be handled in the store but I suppose lots of customers get their stuff mailed now. Doing this over the phone in this day and age of phone scams and other stuff is just odd. I think if the pharmacist asked someone this question face to face it wouldn't be so jarring. 

Honored Contributor

They better not call to ask me any of that.

I switched my Thyroid medication over to Walgreens because Wal-Mart wanted double or more for the same medication using a Good Rx coupon???

I don't need a pharmacy telling what drugs I should be taking. I can decide that all on my own.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would Never Ever volunteer personal information about myself, ESPECIALLY if the other party called me.  Ever.  If they wanted to talk to you, at the very least, call them back.

They overstepped.  Big time.  What nerve.  I would definitely write to Corporate.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.