Respected Contributor

@Big Sister, my reaction to the tetanus shot was just like Moonchilde's -- red, swollen, hot -- but I also could hardly move my arm without wincing from the pain for, literally, months.  Couldn't raise my arm at all.

Honored Contributor

That's very common but much better than the results of not having it.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Never in my 65 years have I heard of anyone developing tetanus. I haven't had a tetanus shot in 40 years. I'm still here. My DH had a tetanus shot a year ago because the doctor said he needed one. He had a terrible reaction.

As for the pneumonia vaccine, I have heard that it does not prevent all  the different strains of pneumonia. In other words, you can get a pneumonia shot, but still get pneumonia from a strain not covered. So what are we supposed to do? Get the shots or not?

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

Ii have a serious autoimmune disease and my rheumatologist tells me that a flu shot is the most important thing I can do. I had both pneumonia vaccines and still got a bacterial pneumonia last winter. 

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree....is this the thread you were looking for?

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@LilacTree....is this the thread you were looking for?

LOL . . . YES, Catwhisperer!!  I thought I had "pneumonia shot" in the title . . .  I couldn't understand how that topic could get deleted! 

THANK YOU!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

That's very common but much better than the results of not having it.Smiley Happy

Tetanus is ALWAYS fatal and it's a horrible death.  So you are absolutely right!!

I am up to date on that one, plus rabies, and now pneumonia . . . although I'm not too happy about this infection!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986