Honored Contributor

Their vaccine only 66% effective?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Their vaccine only 66% effective?

There's a lot more to it than that. There are multiple articles available with more details. I can't link them, but the Reuters article I found on Yahoo finance is pretty straightfoward. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

There is a article in the new york times ,also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Doesn't anyone remember what they did to their baby powder? Why would ANYONE trust a company like that?

Esteemed Contributor

Johnson and Johnson owns and manufactures Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec, Nicorette, Visine, Neutrogena,  Aveeno, Rogaine,  Listerine, Band-Aid, Neosporin, Immodium, Acuvue Contacts..... among a host of others.

One would need to be very studious to avoid them completely. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Johnson &johnson

[ Edited ]

From CNN

"Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 single-shot vaccine was shown to be 66% effective in preventing moderate and severe disease in a global Phase 3 trial,  but 85% effective against severe disease, the company announced Friday.

The vaccine was 72% effective against moderate and severe disease in the US, the company said."

From Bloomberg
"In the more than 44,000-person study, the vaccine prevented 66% of moderate to severe cases of Covid-19, according to a company statement on Friday. And it was particularly effective at stopping severe disease, preventing 85% of severe infections and 100% of hospitalizations and deaths."

From Marketwatch
  • "Johnson & Johnson said its sungle-dose coronavirus vaccine was 66% effective overall in protecting against Covid-19.
  •  
  • The vaccine, however, was less potent in other regions, it said.
  •  
  • J&J said the vaccine was 85% effective in preventing severe disease four weeks after vaccination in all adults.
  •  
  • It offered complete protection against Covid-related hospitalizations four weeks after vaccination, the company said."
Esteemed Contributor

I would consider getting this vaccine, given there is such a shortage of vaccines nationally.

Esteemed Contributor

Due to pre-existing conditions and an over-reaction and sensitivity to all medications, I would never get that vaccine. The preservatives alone would do me in.