Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Rehab? Johnny Manziel enters treatment center

All my sports radio guys are saying....he'll he out before the end of his contract. Some are even questioning if he'll stay in the league.

All this in the shadow of Chris Matthews of the Seattle Seahawks. He caught his first NFL pass @ the Super Bowl. He was working @ Foot Locker when the Seahawks called him one February afternoon to see if he could try out for the team that evening....he said he couldn't since his Foot Locker shift didn't end until 9pm....humble, yes? His work ethics speaks volumes. If we're gonna cheer anyone on...it'll be him. HE has a bright future.

Super Contributor

On 2/2/2015 sidsmom said:
On 2/2/2015 viva923 said:

fame and fortune went to his head.

many young people who come "into money" lots of it, just lose reality. they have no idea what to do next.

He's had a history of alcohol/anger issues even before college. His family is probably not the best influence...they're riddled w/ "wheel's off" behavior.

Behavior like this has deep, deep roots...he probably had drinking/anger issues waaay back in high school...which wasn't that long ago. Something like this doesn't happen overnight.

Yep. There have been articles in the major newspapers in Texas about his family tree. Lots of nonsense associated with the Manziels. He experienced money before he went pro. (Just not the amount he does now.)

Honored Contributor

He's definitely not the kind of face of the franchise a team would want. He lives his life like he plays QB. Reckless.

Trusted Contributor

As a Cowboy's fan I am so thankful he wasn't drafted when he was available for their first pick. Instead they got a fantastic offensive lineman (Zack Martin who made the Pro Bowl) who greatly contributed to their success this year.

Respected Contributor

If I were a betting kind of person I would put my money on the probability that he was "highly encouraged" to go to rehab if he wanted to stay in the NFL. As with so many of the players who make it, they were the best in their kids league, middle school, high school, and a standout in college. They believe they are God's gift and it's a tough life lesson when they fall. This kid has major behavioral problems and I doubt he'll be around much longer.

Super Contributor

On 2/2/2015 RetRN said:

I'm afraid the odds are not in his favor, most relapse within a short time. Once again fame and money= disaster.

That's a negative thing to say. I say "good for him" to take steps to save his life. It's a disease and should be treated as such. Whitney's daughter is in a coma right now in a local hospital from the results of the complicated disease that killed her mother. Lots of kids party and drink when they are young......not all become addicted.

Honored Contributor

I wish him well, as he does his best, to defeat his demons.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.