Frequent Contributor

Just an FYI-I started following his diet around Memorial Day.  I am following the general principles of it-mostly veggies, one cup of dried beans per day & little protein.

I have lost 10 pounds & just got new choleterol results back.  My combined was 166 (usually its around 210).  My bp is also much better.  I haven't been overly hungry.  
I recommend!!!

Honored Contributor

@dylanfan  And **I** recommend no one start this or any other kind of "diet" without thoroughly discussing it with their medical provider.

For a lot of reasons this diet would be the worst thing for **me**.

I don't think it's wise to recommend something that may work for you but could be deterimental to someone else. JMO

Respected Contributor

@dylanfan  Congratulations!  I think there is a diet out there for everyone, we just need to find the one that works for ourselves that we can do long term.

Isn't it wonderful to get rewarded for the hard work by seeing the pounds come off?

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Another fad diet from someone who sells food, supplements, and even monthly membership fees. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I'm familiar with Joel Fuhrman, MD's diet philosophy. It's a sound diet, no gimmicks and if you can stick with its, it does work. Good for you. Others, don't criticize something you don't know about.

Frequent Contributor

OK thenI don't recommend!! This is what happened to me!! My doctor told me to lose weight.  Yes, talk to your doctor.  This is a message board, right?🤔

Honored Contributor

@dylanfan  It is an excellent diet! Good for you!❤️🙂

Valued Contributor

@dylanfan Congratulations on your weight loss!! 😊 

Honored Contributor

@dylanfan I have no problem with diets even those recommended by someone who sells stuff.

I think it's not a good idea to recommend them to people who may, like me, have a history that would cause this diet to be very bad for me, plus which I thin the "menu" is awful.

And so many people go on fad diets without talking to their medical provider.

To talk about it is one thing, to recommend it to strangers is entirely different.

I'm sure you get my point.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on your weight loss.