Honored Contributor

Re: Joaquin Phoenix response to Golden Globes press reporters about the menu

I don’t think any meat-eaters we’re harmed by having one vegan meal at an event. 😉
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom Yes, it's definitely a world wide problem, but unfortunately it's not bipartisan.  This has become alarmingly obvious.  And, because of this, eating a plate of veggies won't prevent our ultimate failure.  

I have to add that the Golden G., ceremony going plant based was nice.  It would be even nicer, if we truly believed the attendees lived daily to decrease their own carbon footprints.  For some reason, I can envision some of those with accolades about the menu, heading straight home, or to their favorite restaurant, for their four star chef to prepare a 12oz steak.  

Sadly, far too often, we've seen different lives publicly, than privately. For example: DeCaprio was just lambasted for his constant private air travel, and in areas of drought, aerial photos often show celebrities homes with lush, green landscapes, overusing resources, while other landscapes die. Of course, their garages often have half a dozen gas guzzling vehicles.  And on, and on ... 

These lives are ALL about excess.  If true Beyonce arrived at the GG toting her own bottle of champagne.  Guess the MOET wasn't good enough for her table.

Really?  Our lives are worlds apart. I have essentially NO carbon footprint compared to theirs.  Such lifestyles are part of the problem, NOT the solution. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I don’t think any meat-eaters we’re harmed by having one vegan meal at an event. 😉

Strange.....that doesn't work the other way.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@sidsmom Yes, it's definitely a world wide problem, but unfortunately it's not bipartisan.  This has become alarmingly obvious.  And, because of this, eating a plate of veggies won't prevent our ultimate failure.  

I have to add that the Golden G., ceremony going plant based was nice.  It would be even nicer, if we truly believed the attendees lived daily to decrease their own carbon footprints.  For some reason, I can envision some of those with accolades about the menu, heading straight home, or to their favorite restaurant, for their four star chef to prepare a 12oz steak.  

Sadly, far too often, we've seen different lives publicly, than privately. For example: DeCaprio was just lambasted for his constant private air travel, and in areas of drought, aerial photos often show celebrities homes with lush, green landscapes, overusing resources, while other landscapes die. Of course, their garages often have half a dozen gas guzzling vehicles.  And on, and on ... 

These lives are ALL about excess.  If true Beyonce arrived at the GG toting her own bottle of champagne.  Guess the MOET wasn't good enough for her table.

Really?  Our lives are worlds apart. I have essentially NO carbon footprint compared to theirs.  Such lifestyles are part of the problem, NOT the solution. 

@BlueFinch 

It IS bipartisan because the problem is felt around the world.

It's unfortunate people aren't listening...and blaming everyone else.

We are all feeling the fallout of this issue.

This is just my opinion shared by millions upon millions from around

the World.  

I didn't originate this post.

-and-

I didn't decide to make the Golden Globes a plant based menu.

Why pick me out specifically? 🤷‍♀️ There's a whole list of celebrities 

you mentioned who would love to hear your debate.

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom 

Hi, you surely put up with alot of snark and just plain rudeness here. I don't understand it. If someone isn't interested in the subject, move on. 

I mean seriously - hey did you hear Burger King came out with a plant based burger...oh nevermind. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

So they all arrived by bicycle or rickshaw, not a limo? 

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom I'm simply purging thoughts with you, not attacking your platform. I've shared with you before, that I'm all for vegetables.  In fact, yesterday and today, I had vegan meals.  But, it's because I want to, not because I believe my veggie platters will influence global change.  Yours won't either.  

I'm just pointing out that going plant based isn't the only problem.  Nor is it the only solution.  Millions of people from around the world know this too.  I HAVE been listening!  And, we'll just have to disagree on the use of the word bipartisan, in this instance.  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I never look to Hollywood for advice.  Never have, don't see it changing any time soon.  We live in different worlds. 

Hollywood didn't make that information up. It's based on science. Nearly 25% of all greenhouse gasses contributing to climate change come from agriculture. A lot of people are choosing to eat less meat to help and some have chosen to go completely meatless.

Denying science because it was spoken by an actor at an awards show doesn't make sense.

We all live in the same world, planet earth, and we all need to work together if we want to make sure it's still here for our children and grandchildren.

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

So...eating animal products is no longer a personal choice?  Sorry, I don’t think we need Hollywood “celebrities” making dietary choices for the country.

His statement is full of misinformation and propaganda (imo)

Opinions are not the same as facts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch wrote:

@sidsmom I'm simply purging thoughts with you, not attacking your platform. I've shared with you before, that I'm all for vegetables.  In fact, yesterday and today, I had vegan meals.  But, it's because I want to, not because I believe my veggie platters will influence global change.  Yours won't either.  

I'm just pointing out that going plant based isn't the only problem.  Nor is it the only solution.  Millions of people from around the world know this too.  I HAVE been listening!  And, we'll just have to disagree on the use of the word bipartisan, in this instance.  

@BlueFinch 

Ok..what 'party' or 'group' of partisan are you referring to?

How does someone, say, in Australia factor in to USA partisan ideas?

It's obviously not a political issue, so....