Respected Contributor

Re: Jane Fonda partners with Evine

@Trinity11 wrote:

In regard to Jane.....How quickly we forget. The media was full of anti-war messages and the country was in turmoil. There was a general disregard for our Vets and it was a climate of unrest. I still remember an exceptionally offensive film where Barbra Streisand blew up the Statue of Liberty. Many came out against the war, not just Jane. Countless protests were held in my own community. I was a senior in high school at the time. We marched and marched to put an end to a senseless war that we had no business being involved in.

She apologized and it's over but what she did was clearly unacceptable. However, there are countless other things that went on during that time that we choose to ignore.

no ignoring going on here. I also loathe Barbra Striesand.

Respected Contributor

@cherry. I used to work with someone who served in the military, and he felt the exact same way.  He truly despised her, and I am quite certain that he still does.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

MustangShar, we'll see if you feel the same way in the near future when the shoe is on the other foot.

Huh? I think you lost me, sorry.  Look, I’m 65, I remember neighborhood boys coming back from that war and they were looked down on for serving. Most were drafted because their families couldn’t afford to send them to college to get the deferment. Babies at 18 seeing violence like they had never seen before, the nightly news “body counts” of the daily casualties.....

Did we belong in Naum....no, but our men and women were paying the price🙏

Esteemed Contributor

Jane Fonda has nothing I would want to buy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not dislike her at all.

Everyone has done things they regret or are not proud of. Everyone deserves a second chance I believe.

BUT i dont like how so many celebs are coming to all of the shopping channels and I dont buy just because they are famous.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

This is about who this woman was, and is today.  I do not purchase celebrity backed products, and I absolutely would never consider a purchase from her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

In regard to Jane.....How quickly we forget. The media was full of anti-war messages and the country was in turmoil. There was a general disregard for our Vets and it was a climate of unrest. I still remember an exceptionally offensive film where Barbra Streisand blew up the Statue of Liberty. Many came out against the war, not just Jane. Countless protests were held in my own community. I was a senior in high school at the time. We marched and marched to put an end to a senseless war that we had no business being involved in.

She apologized and it's over but what she did was clearly unacceptable. However, there are countless other things that went on during that time that we choose to ignore.

@Trinity11

I was there, too.  And here's what the REAL history is all about.

Both Red China and Russia have a dark, dark history of megalomanic rulers whose two goals are to rule their people with an iron fist; and secondly, to militarily acquire additional "real estate," by conquering other countries.  This was the goal of Red China - to literally run over and conquer little Vietnam, so they could call it theirs.

So, all of the protestors in the U.S. wanted us to NOT help Vietnam retain their indiviuality as a country.  The protestors WANTED Red China to win that military race and take over Vietnam, by having the U.S. pull out their support of Vietnam.

Now don't sit there and say "no way," because that's exactly what happened.  Been there, done that.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

Very well stated, @Trinity11. I was a bit younger than you at the time, but I also proudly went with my parents to many, many, many protest marches  -- almost every weekend, in fact, until that horrible, senseless war ended. So proud to have joined hundreds of thousands of others in those protests, including so many Vietnam vets who had returned and realized what that war was really about.

Occasional Visitor

And we will do the same for Evine. Ask the soldiers who passed her notes about their torture, she gave them to the vietnamese and thise guys were severely beaten and tortured. Evine will never get my business if she apperas
Esteemed Contributor

Why is it that celebs and high profile people can get out there and say anything they want and then apologize for it and expect to be forgiven??

Why didn't they think before they spoke in the first place??!!