Honored Contributor

Some people have already received it.  It will be given out this weekend, where I live.  

One and done.  The group I volunteer with will give out 12,000 doses, sat-mon.   Still waiting for all the details!

Honored Contributor

I sure like the idea of one and done.  Too late for me though, I have had my first Moderna injection.

What a worthwhile volunteer activity you found in your new state, @september.

Honored Contributor

DH and I will wait for the J and J, I can only convince him to go for the one and done. Here in MD they got enough for just one day this week, more on the way on the 18th, our Gov announced it today, so we wait. 

Respected Contributor

Re: J and J vaccine

[ Edited ]

And more Fantastic news with that,  pharmaceutical rivals Johnson and Johnson and Merck are doing a joint venture for vaccine production. Pres Biden announced today that Merck would be assigning two manufacturing plants to J&J to produce their vaccine.

Biden says this means that there will be enough vaccine for every every adult by the end of May. That is a major accomplishment. 

P.S. Biden implemented the Defense Production Act, told them they couldn't go too big! They are producing 3 shifts, 7 days a week.  Also announced ALL educators in every state are to be vaccinated during the month of March. You will be able to sign up for that.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I sure like the idea of one and done.  Too late for me though, I have had my first Moderna injection.

What a worthwhile volunteer activity you found in your new state, @september.

@tansy I'm going to receive part 2 of Pfizer in a few weeks.  

I like my new volunteer group.  I'm meeting some great new people!   When this ends, there are other ways we can continue with other needs.  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

DH and I will wait for the J and J, I can only convince him to go for the one and done. Here in MD they got enough for just one day this week, more on the way on the 18th, our Gov announced it today, so we wait. 

My daughter lives in MD.  She is young but has health issues.  Cant wait until we're both vaccinated.  It's been a year since we've seen each other. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

My daughter lives in MD.  She is young but has health issues.  Cant wait until we're both vaccinated.  It's been a year since we've seen each other. 

I understand, we see our kids only about every 6 weeks or so. is she in Baltimore ?

Trusted Contributor

Our appt is for the 6th and we were also told that we'd get many thousands of doses of J & J and so have been hoping for that but then our bubble was burst as we read that our area also received many thousand doses of Pfizer.  Happy yes but so not mentally prepared for that....but comforting to know the huge success of Israel with that vaccine.  Still want the one and done though.  Definitely To be continued. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@september wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I understand, we see our kids only about every 6 weeks or so. is she in Baltimore ?

Rockville. 

Esteemed Contributor

When I get the vaccine it will be the J&J one .... I like the idea of one & done 🙃