Honored Contributor

Re: J and J vaccine

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum wrote:

And more Fantastic news with that,  pharmaceutical rivals Johnson and Johnson and Merck are doing a joint venture for vaccine production. Pres Biden announced today that Merck would be assigning two manufacturing plants to J&J to produce their vaccine.

Biden says this means that there will be enough vaccine for every every adult by the end of May. That is a major accomplishment. 

That news made me so happy when I saw it. Wahoo! ****** the torpedoes everybody! This is what America can do.

ETA: I did not swear, people. Apparantly the D word is forbidden. 

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain But you can say d a m  n the torpedoes!

Super Contributor

I had Covid and experts have said that those who recovered might only need one shot.  Hearing that, I will wait for the J&J vaccine.  I like the idea that it's based on old vaccine technology and not the new (and not really tested) MRNa one.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My husband and I are getting our shots tomorrow 3/3/21.  I've been on a list with our Health Dept. since January and nothing.  After the Governor was on the air Monday and said we were getting more vaccines I called the hospital and we got an appointment for Wednesday.  I don't know which one but I don't care as long as I can get one.  Fill you in later.

Honored Contributor
Today on the news they said the new J and J vaccine had a moral component that Catholics would need to consider if they get it....what in the world does that mean?
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Esteemed Contributor

At this point I'll take anything I can get!  I'm so tired of searching everyday, everywhere.

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

Some people have already received it.  It will be given out this weekend, where I live.  

One and done.  The group I volunteer with will give out 12,000 doses, sat-mon.   Still waiting for all the details!

That is great news @september!  The clinic I vollunteer for is giving Moderna and will not be getting the first round of J&J yet.  The decision was made to divert that vaccine out to the local pharmacies that are vaccinating.

They are expecting to add the J&J with the next shipment though.  So exciting to get more vaccine out there and get her rolling.

The J&J actually came through UPS Worldport yesterday so it is being shipped for sure.

So go get 'em & help get that vaccine out there!  Thank you for volunteering!  Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

Definite hard pass!

Esteemed Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

I had Covid and experts have said that those who recovered might only need one shot.  Hearing that, I will wait for the J&J vaccine.  I like the idea that it's based on old vaccine technology and not the new (and not really tested) MRNa one.

But the J & J has preservatives in it - the Moderna and Pfeizer do not. For someone who is allergic to "fillers and medications", the J & J might not be a good choice.