Esteemed Contributor

Re: J&J vaccine site shutdown in Colorado !!

I was hoping to get the J&J vaccine when it becomes available in my area .... the only reason I want the J&J is because it’s only one shot .. I am very skeptical about all of this .... once you get the vaccine you cannot undo it ....now I am scared to get any of them😪

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I was waiting for this to happen.  

@rms1954  Why would you be waiting for it? 

Respected Contributor

I wish everyone including the media would call this for what it is...

It's a shot

Not a vaccine, doesn't prevent anything, you can still get it.

Overall a flu shot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I wish everyone including the media would call this for what it is...

It's a shot

Not a vaccine, doesn't prevent anything, you can still get it.

Overall a flu shot.

The definition of vaccine doesn't say that it has to prevent the disease 100%.  You can like it or not, want to get it or not, but the fact remains that it's a vaccine.  Oh, and it's not a "flu shot" because the corona virus is not an influenza virus.

noun
noun: vaccine; plural noun: vaccines
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I just read that a NC mass vacination site shut down also because of adverse reactions to the J&J vaccine.

In that same article however, it said the UK variant b117 has been affecting children 8th grade and under with new cases affecting children were 1 in 5 people. Also college students. This has totally changed what we knew of the previous infections.

I am just going to recommend to any of my family that has yet to get vaccinated (there are only 2), that they not get the J&J until they have investigated what is going on.

As one physician said, the vaccine

(at least pfizer and moderna) are safer than this deadly virus.

From CBS news (and there are many news sites everyone can look up on this subject if you'd like)

"updated April 8 7:03pm"

"Variants continue to complicate the country's recovery. Of all new coronavirus cases last week, children accounted for roughly one in five. Children are especially susceptible to the variant first found in the U.K., which was discovered at a recent outbreak at a Wisconsin childcare center."

"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

After a lot of research I chose to get the J&J vaccine. In all studies it had the least side effects of all the vaccines.  Plus it was tested later than Moderna and Pfizer in countries that had bad variants. My husband and I had no side effects.

My guess is that what happened at the vaccine site was an anomaly.  But it's sad because now people won't want to take the J&J vaccine. Meawhile there are plenty who don't want to take an mRNA vaccine that has no long-term testing.

Super Contributor

@January121 

While there can be side effects of all the vaccines, they are safe to take and you should not be worried about it.  Millions of people have received these vaccines in our country.

Sounds like this situation with the J&J shut down was blown out of proportion.  Having a bit of dizziness is actually very normal and will go away within a day.  I had a bit of light dizziness from my first Pfizer shot too.

Getting covid carries a much greater risk, not only of dying, but of long term organ damage and other lasting effects.  Much worse than any vaccine.  

Honored Contributor

my daughter had the JJ vaccine yesterday.

she preferred the one and done shot.

she had some lethargy and a headache for about 24 hours and is beginning to feel better. she took it easy today.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I find it interesting that there is way more media reporting about the J&J COVID-19 shot clinic shutdowns, than the clinic shutdown that occurred in California for the other shots due to anaphylaxis, months ago. 

I am also troubled that many here seem to be more concerned about the minor daily shutdowns at a couple of clinics than for those people who had severe enough symptoms to provoke a shutdown in the first place.  Why be more concerned about people being injected en masse, and the inoculation program and a single injection, than about the people who need to be hospitalized after injection with the product?  If multiple people are passing out at a site, perhaps the program should be stopped, and the product investigated.  I have read about serious production and product ingredient problems at the Emergent Biosolutions plant, and how 15 million doses of the J&J product were contaminated or improperly titrated with ingredients and had to be thrown out, rather than be injected. Isn't that a good thing those doses were not injected into people?  Does anyone care?  

Perhaps there is indeed a safety signal warranting concern about the J&J product.  Shouldn't everyone want to find out about this possibility, before, rather than after it is injected into millions of people in the US or elsewhere?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

I find it interesting that there is way more media reporting about the J&J COVID-19 shot clinic shutdowns, than the clinic shutdown that occurred in California for the other shots due to anaphylaxis, months ago. 

I am also troubled that many here seem to be more concerned about the minor daily shutdowns at a couple of clinics than for those people who had severe enough symptoms to provoke a shutdown in the first place.  Why be more concerned about people being injected en masse, and the inoculation program and a single injection, than about the people who need to be hospitalized after injection with the product?  If multiple people are passing out at a site, perhaps the program should be stopped, and the product investigated.  I have read about serious production and product ingredient problems at the Emergent Biosolutions plant, and how 15 million doses of the J&J product were contaminated or improperly titrated with ingredients and had to be thrown out, rather than be injected. Isn't that a good thing those doses were not injected into people?  Does anyone care?  

Perhaps there is indeed a safety signal warranting concern about the J&J product.  Shouldn't everyone want to find out about this possibility, before, rather than after it is injected into millions of people in the US or elsewhere?  

There was a production issue with one batch.  This batch did not pass Quality control.....that is the reason there are quality control departments.  While unfortunate that so many doses had to be destroyed when the need is so great....the system worked.

You have a handful of people having reactions, this happens everywhere.  Yet when you vaccinate 100 and have 1 reaction.....no big deal.  You vaccinate 1,700 and 17 have a reaction....make national news.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.