Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: J&J vaccine site shutdown in Colorado !!

@Carmie    I do understand vertigo -  not myself, but one of my long time friends suffers intense bouts of it.  Getting that reaction for that many people seems enough to take caution.   Will follow the news later in the day.  

Thanks for the info.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

11 people suffered severe  nausea and dizziness.  Two are in the hospital for observation.

While not diminishing the possibility that the reaction was from the vaccine, just some peoples nerves and stress of these constant reports of reactions could cause those symptoms.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting and inappropriate

Honored Contributor

I was waiting for this to happen.  

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

The trials were on thousands & now that millions are getting the vaccine more adverse reaction are going to show up...it's  important  to be open & honest about them so people don't loose confidence in the vaccine. Deaths, adverse reactions & the list of those who can't get the vaccine shouldn't be dismissed because the known numbers are small...keep informed & if you have questions contact your Dr.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The symptoms were dizziness and nausea. Two were sent to a local hospital for observation because they could not be observed properly on site. Nine were given juice and sent home.

They paused giving vaccines "out of an abundence of caution." Because of two people. Out of 1700 that day. It just goes to show that the 15 minutes they make you wait there after getting your shot is for a good reason.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

My daughter lives in Denver.  I just asked her about this.

She said that it was in the news.  She said that they were shutting it down to see if it was ‘ mishandled’ or exactly what caused so many people to have reactions.

I say ‘ Good luck with that’ because there is so much that could vary.

I have talked to a lot of people who’ve had various vaccines.

The most people with mostly one day reaction was the people with the J&J vaccine.

It’s not like I know, but I have to wonder if it might be that the one shot has double the amount of serum the other people got the same serum divided up....mostly 1 month apart.

Super Contributor

The J&J vaccine has the same "amount" of vaccine in it as one dose of the others, but it's not the same content as Moderna and Pfizer.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking as someone who has had the J&J vaccine,I had no reaction.  The hundreds of persons receiving the vaccine when I did had no reaction during the observation time. The governor of my state ,Illinois, received the J&J vaccine.  He's fine. Sometimes seeing someone react can trigger reactions in others.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth