Super Contributor

Re: It's all over . . . I finally found the reason and it's not good

@LilacTree

Give kefir a try. Lifeway makes it. You can buy it at any grocery store, Aldi, etc.

Its dairy free, gluten free...nothing bad in it at all; it's a great probiotic. It comes in a plastic, quart sized bottle in LOTS of flavors and you can find it in the dairy cooler with milk, etc.

Its a drink but its very thick and tastes exactly like yogurt. Its basically drinking a barely liquid-form yogurt - the consistency of a thick smoothie.

We drink it all the time because we love it, but it's really good for you. Plus my stepdaughter is the Quality Control Manager for Lifeway, lol.

My favorites are peach, blueberry, and key lime but it comes in lots more flavors. I swear you can't tell the difference in taste from yogurt.

Super Contributor

@LilacTree

I swear I'm not stalking you, LOL, but every post I read sparks another thought for me. Smiley Very Happy

I wanted to try acupuncture but couldn't touch the cost. I found out that if you go to a medical doctor who does acupuncture, most insurance pays for it.

If you go to an Eastern Medicine practitioner who is not an MD, they won't.

You get exactly the same care and treatment, but insurance wants to see that MD tacked onto the end of the name.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with endoqueen. Betaine Hydrochloride can help tremendously for those who do not produce enough stomach acid.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

The reason I asked about your heart and when it was last checked is....... so many of my bowel and intestinal problems have greatly improved since my heart surgery. No one really can explain it. I thought it might be worth mentioning it.  I mean....some of these problems I had for many years....and they are either gone or better now.  I never chalked any of these problems up to my heart.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant

I have always checked out fine in the hospital.  However, some medical people hear a murmur and some don't.  And I do get "tachy" when I'm exhausted, which is most of the time, and due to RA.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr

Didn't know that.  I will check into it.  Thank you!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr

I want to write more on this.  What an experience.  I'm not feeling well today, but I WILL get back to you!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@Elri

I will write more on this.  Not having a good day today.  But I promise I will get back to you.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I just want to write a quick note here.  I have read all of your responses and want to comment on them more fully.  I am not feeling well, and when my stomach is like this, I can't stand or even sit for five minutes.  I have to lie down.

I am trying three of the products in your Dr. Axe article yesterday and today @cherry Will talk about that more also.

Thanks everyone.  I love you folks.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTreewrote:

@jubilant

I have always checked out fine in the hospital.  However, some medical people hear a murmur and some don't.  And I do get "tachy" when I'm exhausted, which is most of the time, and due to RA.

**********  In my case, I should have had a stress test but I never had chest pain or problems breathing even when I walked on my treadmill so I never saw the need for it. I hope you can get to the bottom of things (no pun intended!) so you can start feeling better.  Meanwhile, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Thanks for keeping us abreast of things.