Esteemed Contributor

Re: It is scary how easy it is to be dependent on pain meds

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 You too? I also throw up from codeine/morphine based meds. I also either break out in hives or my throat closes up. I thought I was the only one allergic to that stuff. I usually just take naproxen (Aleve) for pain. 

@Buffalogal47 ...Count me as another one allergic to morphine.  Give me a shot of that and I'm throwing up all day until it finally leaves my system.  Been there, done that, it was horrible. Cat Sad

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@lolasgaga wrote:

I am so sorry you are dealing with so much pain. I have suffered from extreme arm pain for years. I had an IV due to an operation and one day out of the blue my arm felt like it a was being broken in several areas. The pain was relentless.One thing Dr's labeled was RSD Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.To make things more complicated I got Lyme Disease through my treatment. 

@lolasgaga ...I am so sorry for your pain and suffering.  Are you better now?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Effie54  @SXMGirl   I am afraid to get the vaccine also, I have never had flu or pnuemonia shots, and I am thinking that the vaccine introduced into my system may cause big trouble for me.  DH got flu and pnueonia shots, and always got sick so don't know if that was caused by the shots.  He is planning to be vaccinated in March, so am worried about that as his immune system is compromised.

I may wait for a while before getting the covid vaccination.   I 

Respected Contributor

I couldn't get the covid vaccination fast enough; the LAST thing I need is a deadly disease. I had no after affects of the vaccination.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  This was my first time getting the flu and pneumonia vaccines.  I had no side effects from the flu shot, which was the one that I was hesitant to get.  With all of the problems that I have had from the pneumonia shot, I am concerned about getting the covid shots.  I have put my name in twice to get on the list for covid shots, but I have not received any notifications.  Since I have heard nothing yet, I will be waiting a while to get it and will have an opportunity to see if others have any repercussions.  Quite a few of our medical professionals are refusing it, so it does give me pause.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl , I started getting the flu shot a few years ago and I'm ok with it. Had the pneumonia shot also. Everything was ok. Had a tetanus shot. felt nothing but a few hours later, it kicked in and had pain in my arm for about two weeks. Will wait on the covid for a long time. Have nothing against it, just won't take it right now.

Hope you can find out what is causing the pain in your arm and it would go away.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Effie54  @SXMGirl   I am afraid to get the vaccine also, I have never had flu or pnuemonia shots, and I am thinking that the vaccine introduced into my system may cause big trouble for me.  DH got flu and pnueonia shots, and always got sick so don't know if that was caused by the shots.  He is planning to be vaccinated in March, so am worried about that as his immune system is compromised.

@mousiegirl 

Getting the flu shot doesn't mean you won't get the flu. It will just be the mild version lol. I remember getting my flu shot in Oct of 2019 and in December I got sick. Fever, chills, breathing problem. Went to the Dr and thought I had the flu. She said I had an upper respiratory infection. It lasted for two weeks. Sometime i wonder if I had Covid. No one really knew about it then. Too late to find out now if that was the problem. I'm due for my flue shot in about a month and a half,  and I will take it for sure.

Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl Prayers going out to you, so sorry for your pain. The doctor you saw brings up major red flags. She didn't even look at your arm? That is just incompetence. I would get very specific with her about your arm, neck and back, and if she dismisses you, get another doc ASAP. You deserve better than that. Best of luck for your speedy recovery.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I agree - I myself have to wait. Though many will have short-term side effects (pain, fatigue, etc.), I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about how it will compromise my body system. I have the gene that does not detoxify or eliminate drugs from my system, thus, everything builds up to toxic levels. I can't take a chance on what this will do. I'm with ya, dear! 

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

"This woman, who has no idea of the whole story (and I'm not telling it here because it would take too long) 

you don't always know the whole story."

@GoneButNotForgotten 

You have been to this Wellness Forum long enough to possibly have read at least 1 of my very long medical stories, so!!!  I would read yours regardless of it's length. Maybe a little bigger font please.

Enlighten me would you?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)