Honored Contributor

It is raining outside.. how do would you motivate yourself to go on a daily walk?

With fall here now and winter looming to just go on a walk is a bit harder to get modivated to do..... if it is raining cats and dogs... will you still go on your walk to get steps in?  I do not care if I get wet, and my Golden has a rain coat... no excuses right?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It is raining outside.. how do would you motivate yourself to go on a daily walk?

I don't get wet!  No walking in the rain for me!

I don't want my indoor collies all wet and stinky either.  It is a quick in and out for them to go pottie in wet weather!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It is raining outside.. how do would you motivate yourself to go on a daily walk?

After my surgery, my PT suggested I just walk through the house; into every bedroom, bath, kitchen, several times...just walk!

My doxie would walk with me and he uses a PeePad when he needs to.  He doesn't like the rain either!

Honored Contributor

I love walking in the rain, so it wouldn't stop me. Although I wouldn't take my chihuahua as she hates the rain and would not be a good walking partner. She likes the snow though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I prefer colder weather.  I'm a competitive race walker and I loathe trying to race when it's hot.  I always tell people that I'm more inclined to go faster when it's cold.  I have one dog who has to wear a jacket when it is super cold and the other dog (Jack Russell) doesn't care how cold it is.  She's up for a walk any time.

Honored Contributor

I walk on my treadmill. Money well spent. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Good for you for going out in the pouring rain!  I'm not a lover of rain, but I'll handle a drizzle for my jogging if I have to.  I do brave the snow in the winter, but my bottom line is 20 degrees.  Below that and my toes and nose start to freeze!  I do have indoor equipment, so that's my alternative at home.  I also have a gym at work as well as a membership at another one after work.  Bottom line.......I have no excuses!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

We have massively bad weather in the winter so I tend to walk in place and do what I need to in the basement...  Thought about getting a treadmill but decided we really didn't need one. We also play with the dog down there (lots of room) so she gets in her exercise... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Today it's raining and I am finally okay after twisting my knee and spraining the MCL ligament.  I had been doing Leslie Sansone's new Miracle Miles " Walk at Home " DVD's.

I am really motivated to get back to the DVD's and the sculpting resistance band:  I want to get the pep back as well as the diminishing mid-section ( which folks had noticed ).

Rainy, foggy or sunny....I am ready.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I walk in the woods on a fairly steep grade at times so rain is a no no but I love being out in the cold.  It keeps everyone else away and you have the trail to yourself.  Can't wait until the colder air finally gets down this way.