@Mama Mia wrote:

@Noel7 MayGod Bless You and Keep You Safe my friend.Heart

mm

@Mama Mia

♥️. I miss you, my friend.

Honored Contributor

Re: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over

@riley1 wrote:

@Noel7 - I did not know you were in the hospital. Hope you are on the mend and will be returning home soon. Feel better - Riley1

Thank you, @riley1 🙂

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

(((@Noel7))). I'm so sorry.   I've barely been here the past week (or more? not sure,  lost track of time).  You possess such strength, tenacity, and faith.   Continued prayers for you and for your husband.   Please take gentle care of yourself.   You're important to us.❤️ 

Thanks @dooBdoo. This one is a little scary, I appreciate your prayers.

Honored Contributor

You're had a rough patch to say the least.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

My recovery from Type B flu is still ongoing: still getting treatments and having weekly Doctor appointments, etc.  However, the multitude of tests I had while in the hospital has turned up something new and potentially dangerous so I will be going through new tests and visits.

My best wishes for everyone here, and Happy Thanksgiving to those who observe the holiday.

Noel

@Noel7, I hope I can put your mind to rest. Did they take the test to see if you have Hashimoto's? I have multi nodular goiter and had some of the lumps biopsied....they always come up negative for any kind of cancer. I was told it is a common finding when you have hypothyroidism with Hashimoto's. It is a common profile with lupus because it is another form of auto-immune disease.

Just hope that you can get answers to this quickly so you don't have to worry about it. As always, my very best to you and your family...

Hi @Trinity11

They have numerous tests scheduled when I am past this stage.  I am spiking fevers and still have the cough and tiredness.  It will be xrays, a thyroid sonogram and most likely a biopsy to start.  

It’s just that I am so tired, it’s been one thing after another all year.

No one has mentioned Hashimoto’s as a possibility, I will bring it up.  We changed doctors to a family doctor, a team approach.  She is a real spitfire, follows up on everything, the nurses were amazing.  I was all alone for five days, in a contagious room, but there was at least one nurse there almost every minute.  The respiratory therapists would stay and chat, I loved them all. 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7  speak to your DR and ask her if Aloe Vera ,taken as a tonic  might boost your immune system?

My Dr suggested I try it ,as it aids digestion, I have read things about it being an anti inflamatory and it helps the joints in your body too

I have been taking it for my digestion for a few months. I think it has helped. I notice a big differnce in my finger nails, and my hair has been growing extra fast, and my knee has not bothered me at all in all of our rainy weather

It's not expensive, I use an organic brand

Honored Contributor

@cherry. Is the aloe slimey?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 I am so sorry you're going through all of this.  It must be agony.  I'm hoping you're back on the mend soon and out of pain.  Prayers you're on the mend fast.  

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 I'm so sad to read this. I admire you so much and I hope and pray things will improve for you soon.

I hope for good results with your new testing. It sounds so overwhelming with all the medical people and issues. But I think the suggestion of an endo is a good one. I've been told you have to be pretty brilliant to be an endo and I believe it. Thyroid issues are very sneaky and tricky, if they do find out you have any. All the best to you.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@cherry. Is the aloe slimey?

@Kachina624  No it isn't slimy. You can buy liquid or gel. I use the liquid. One oz of aloe mixed with 1/2 oz of water