Valued Contributor

Is there a virus going around?

The last four days or so I've had ear aches, body aches, nausea, etc. I'm debating going to the doctor. I did have my flu shot but this is a strange time to feel this way.

Super Contributor

Re: Is there a virus going around?

I am finally getting over this.  It began as my allergies flaring up along with what I thought was a cold.  Then I got the chills, sweats, body ache and bad headache.  Closest thing I have had to the flu in several years.

Here it is, a week later and I am still fighting some of the symptoms, most notably a persistant cough.  

I wondered too if there was something going around.

Respected Contributor

A couple of weeks ago I had this type of illness. After 4 days I finally felt I was getting better, and then the next day it got worse than the beginning days. I went to the doctor and he saw nothing. He took blood, and that showed nothing. I was sick for almost 2 weeks, and then it took me another week to finally feel like myself. I never experienced anything like that.

Valued Contributor

@grandma_2_2 

I'm sorry you feel this way, too. Glad I'm not going crazy! Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Janey2 

So good to hear that you're feeling much better! 

Trusted Contributor

@grandma_2_2 wrote:

I am finally getting over this.  It began as my allergies flaring up along with what I thought was a cold.  Then I got the chills, sweats, body ache and bad headache.  Closest thing I have had to the flu in several years.

Here it is, a week later and I am still fighting some of the symptoms, most notably a persistant cough.  

I wondered too if there was something going around.

My entire family has had the bug that is going around.  I have had it twice...once in June and again this past week.  Finally went to the doctor and I am on my second antibiotic.  The persistent cough and joint pain has really gotten the best of me.  My allergies are the worst I have had in years.   So...you are not alone.  Today was the first day I have actually felt a little better.  Guess we just have to let it run it’s course.  

Trusted Contributor

I had this too. So did my daughter, both sons, and my sister. The body aches and nausea were horrendous. Had it for five days and it went as fast as it came. Hope it doesn't come back.

Honored Contributor

Could be................I'm having "the symptoms", and have been blaming it on going in and out of air conditioning all the time...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

It seems like a summer flu. My nieces husband is sick with these symptoms now and two of my neighbors had the same. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm just wondering if flu shots could be wearing of by now, or if they do.