Respected Contributor

Re: Is the flu vaccine going to be the next shortage?

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 

If you really want to know the difference, you could easily look up many sources of information about the  senior flu shot and its alternative for non-seniors.

You could also  ask your own doctor (as I did without him telling me to "shut up").

Doing your own research, you will find something like this:

<< Seniors can get the standard flu shot, but it may not be as effective, since people over the age of 65 have a weaker immune system. A high dose flu vaccine that has four times as many antigens than a regular flu shot is a better option for seniors.>>

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

Duh.  I know I can "look it up" if interested.   

Since you posted, I was curious as to what your doctor told you, and why to NOT get a shingles shot.  Shingles is extremely painful, and he didn't think you needed that protection?  Seemed very odd to me.  I can't look that up.

(Sorry if I wasn't clear about that in my previous comment.)

Super Contributor

Here in WNY, we've encountered shortages with the senior high dose vaccine.  Our son was able to receive the regular dose from our pharmacist but they had a waiting list for the senior type.  I called around till I found a supply at our local Tops Market and DH and I got ours there the other day.  I think a lot more people are getting the flu vaccine because they are afraid of a "twindemic" with both the seasonal flu and Covid.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Is the flu vaccine going to be the next shortage?  That happened a few years back.

Honored Contributor

Got mine today.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.