Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is anyone else avoiding the stores and malls ?

Right now we aren't doing anything differently.We go to supermarkets, movies, restaurants etc. If the virus comes near my area we will reconsider our behavior .

We shouldn't panic.That will make everything worse.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I decided last week to avoid the stores and crowds of people due to the threat of the virus. I am ordering groceries from  a local delivery service and since retired I do not need to purchase a tank of gas more than once a month as it is. I can always use a full service gas station. I certainly pray that something is done quickly or this may develop into a full fledged panic.   Everyone please at a bare minimum wash hands frequently and avoid congested malls. Masks alone will not prevent it.

@Reever ...   I AM IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH YOU!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Right now we aren't doing anything differently.We go to supermarkets, movies, restaurants etc. If the virus comes near my area we will reconsider our behavior .

We shouldn't panic.That will make everything worse.

I AM IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH YOU!!!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Not in the least, in fact we went to our local Asian market this moring, with out the slightest fear

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The only thing I am doing is praying this virus runs its course...soon...for those who have the virus, for our economy, but also so people can get over their exaggerated fear...it is just so over the top...in my humble opinion.

Honored Contributor

Nothing different.  In fact, we're headed to New Orleans next weekend for a few days.  Que sera sera!

Honored Contributor

Yes, but I have not changed my habits at all, this is just what I do during flu season period.   

I stock my house very well before Christmas, and avoid the grocery store until late February or early March.   I’ve been doing this ever since I retired 6 years ago; it works well for me.   

I am not a shopper; malls and stores in general do not interest me.   The only stores I’ve been in for years are my 2 grocery stores, Sam’s, CVS, and Dollar General.   I order from WalMart and have it delivered; been 2 full years since I stepped inside their store to shop.   

I will put gas in my car Monday; second time since Christmas.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a good time time to be thinking about taking your shoes off when you get home, if you don't do that already...eh? I do it and my pup gets her feet wiped off when we get home from a walk. You can never be over-cautious when it comes to keeping clean. I was raised in a no-shoes home.

ETA- The last time I was entering a Walmart, I saw a person work up a loogie and spit it out right in front of the door on the sidewalk! 

Valued Contributor

I want to be clear first that I am not dismissing anyone's fears or anxieties. I've mentioned before that I am obsessive-compulsive and I have my own issues. Our kitchen cupboards look like something out of the movie Sleeping with the Enemy after Julia Roberts' husband shows up. There's much, much more but I'll stop there. 

I haven't changed my routine at all, and I'm on a biologic for Crohn's. I still attend grandkids' school functions, go shopping, and I have a dr's appt next week. I'm just not worried about this. 

We can't close schools, malls, stores, etc., and turn our towns in to ghost towns or panic our kids. Our vacation for July is still on. 

This is just an opinion, I know I could be wrong!   I'm a handwasher and a clean freak from way back, and for now that's enough for me.  

Again, I understand differing viewpoints, and we all wired differently. 

Honored Contributor

Staying home if I don't want to is an over reaction to the current situation.  

The person who delivers your groceries could be sick for all you know, @Reever.

I would not want to be flying right now but then I never want to anymore.