Super Contributor

Re: Is anyone else avoiding the stores and malls ?

No, we haven’t  changed our usual routines going to grocery stores etc.

Tonight we went to a Hockey game, there were 4,000 people there, so I guess it isn’t keeping people from enjoying themselves.

Honored Contributor

@Reever 

Nope, living my same way as usual. Have always washed my hands a lot, and done my best to keep from getting sick. Nothing is going to change my way of life, especially things I see as a very super low risk.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We did over the holidays. I am responsible for taking care of my elderly mother and my sister will be coming home from her rehab facility and will need lots of help as she still cannot have  weight bearing on her broken leg. We avoided the flu all winter but a week ago DH got a virus and now I have it. It acts like bronchitis.

We are leaving things Mom needs at her door and ordering some of it through Amazon.  I call her every day. I call my sister about every other day at the rehab.  Hopefully, I'll get over this by the time she comes home next Wednesday.  She will have in home health care but she is in a wheel chair and has to hop on one foot on her walker to do anything. I'm not sure which way to turn right now!  We had our flu shots and thought we had beat this thing.  Darn!!

Trusted Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

No changes for me...I don't usually do crowded places like malls or theaters. Just yesterday went to several grocery stores, the bank, and tax office. I believe we should use caution but not be so fearful that we stop doing what we normally do. 

This is us, too.

We don't frequent malls or movie theaters.

However, we do go to stores and supermarkets and take care of other errands. 

I do have chronic health issues and have to go to a doctor's or take care of other kinds of medical appointments on a routine basis and need to go to a hospital building to do that. 

I try to take care of myself the best that I can with trying to eat the best that I can, getting enough sleep, and practing lots of hand-washing.

If I do get sick, staying home unless I need help myself, like I did this last time that I had bronchitis. I needed to go to Urgent Care and ended up needing some medications.

We have the flu going around here, plus bronchits and pneumonia and other cold viruses.

My husband and I have both been sick twice since last October, and that is unusual for the two of us. 

Honored Contributor

This is a REAL shocker for me- some of our local mega stores have installed dispensers for sanitizing wipes to clean up pushing bars on shoppig carts.

I AM ALMOST ALWAYS THE ONLY SHOPPER I SEE USING THEM.

Two second out of a busy day?? Worth it to me!

Honored Contributor

DH and I don't go out much any way.  We do our weekly food shopping as usual.  In the winter we don't go much because of the cold weather and because of flu season. We both have health issues to begin with, so we try not to push our luck any more than we have to.  If I have to do an errand, I do it, but we both try to avoid crowds and be sensible about the whole thing.  Of course, just stating the obvious -- but hand washing and sanitizers are what we do --- a lot.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I don't go out much but it's due to my lack of patience not an virus.  If I want to go somewhere I will.

I refuse to stockpile and live in a bunker.

Honored Contributor

No I'm not.  I have been at the mall several times and the grocery store.  I even bowled in my bowling league.  I have always washed my hands alot in the course of the day.  I am not going to stop living in fear of this virus.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've been avoiding our moribund mall for a long time. I've been having my groceries delivered for months. Clearly, I'll continue those practices. My husband and I were debating whether to take a trip. Now the answer s easy...NO. However, my granddaughter is graduating from college in Florida and my grandson is getting married in Maryland. Both events happen in May and both involve flying into Dulles Airport. If these events weren't so special,I'd be staying home. I have asthma so this virus could be deadly for me.

Honored Contributor

Not at the moment however--all that will change for me as this virus gets a hold of all of us--as it will despite what the idiots in DC say ----