Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone else avoiding the stores and malls ?

No changes for me...I don't usually do crowded places like malls or theaters. Just yesterday went to several grocery stores, the bank, and tax office. I believe we should use caution but not be so fearful that we stop doing what we normally do. 

Respected Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I am not avoiding anything at the moment. We do not live in a state where anyone has been diagnosed with the coronavirus. I imagine its only a matter of time. But no, I cannot stay holed up for any length of time. 

Where we go to church, there is a part of the service where we go around and shake everybody's hands. I think we could do without that. Not because of the coronavirus, but because I have heard there are 2 different types of flu going around here now.

Respected Contributor

When there are cases on the east coast then Ill reacess.  Havent changed anything yet.  But did buy hand sanitizer.

Super Contributor

Oh, please. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm a bit more nervous going into public places now (restaurants, grocery stores) but we have to move through our everyday lives, don't we?! I don't get the flu shot but I am super careful about vigilantly washing my hands and being aware of anyone around me coughing and/or sneezing! 😷
Esteemed Contributor

At work, boss ordered a load of sanitary wipe cloths and purex for individual desk. Also individual boxes of Kleenexes. Daily I wipe down Kyocera printer and other shared equipment and keyboards in faculty lounge. Even wipe down handles to fridge and microwave. Just do that on my own.

I'm doing the Hy-Vee grocery pick up now since the last time I did a big grocery run so many people were coughing - including checkout clerk. If I do go into Bed, Bath, Beyond or whatever store, I carry individual wipes and wipe off cart handles. Wash hands when I get home, etc. At the gym I wipe down equipment before and after, although, lots of coughing going on last week. 

Not altering my life but I am being cautious.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Reever 

I’ve avoided most stores and malls for years! It has nothing to do with the possibility for running into sick people there. They are generally a waste of my time and effort. I can’t afford to waste my time.

I’ll continue to shop for groceries and other necessities when I have to. 

I’m not afraid of getting sick and I’m not buying into the media frenzy attempts to panic everyone. They do this every chance they get. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not changing a darn thing.

I refuse to buy in to the mass paranoia and hysteria.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I've been to the mall and Costco twice this week. Nobody around here is wearing a mask or stocking up on groceries. It's been in the upper 70's and we're outdoors enjoying the weather.
Not changing my routine at all.