Respected Contributor

Is anyone else avoiding the stores and malls ?

I decided last week to avoid the stores and crowds of people due to the threat of the virus. I am ordering groceries from  a local delivery service and since retired I do not need to purchase a tank of gas more than once a month as it is. I can always use a full service gas station. I certainly pray that something is done quickly or this may develop into a full fledged panic.   Everyone please at a bare minimum wash hands frequently and avoid congested malls. Masks alone will not prevent it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else avoiding the stores and malls ?

I'm not planning on any lifestyle changes at this point.  My prep, thus far, only includes the usual:  Frequent handwashing, etc, etc

Honored Contributor

no, i have been at the mall, in shops, in grocery stores, at restaurants, at work, in convenience stores, at the bank, in friends cars, and more over the past week.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I am living my life exactly as I was before this virus came about.   I always have a stock of certain foods and household items and I am very careful about washing my hands.  I do not plan to avoid stores, malls or crowds.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

I always wash my hands immediately upon returning home.  Handling meat - grocery carts - it's a habit I've always done.  Coat - boots off and directly to the 1/2 bath for a scrub.

Honored Contributor

I'm only avoiding Drs. offices and medical facilities to avoid the flu.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

No, not at all. In fact, I’m traveling today and ATL is absolutely packed as it’s the start of spring break season. I couldn’t even spend my layover on the deck of my favorite SkyClub as it’s at capacity. Of all the throngs of people roaming about, I’ve seen maybe 3 people wearing masks and they were in wheelchairs. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

No, I was out shopping today and it was business as usual.  No one wearing masks, shelves were all well stocked, no unusual crowds for a Saturday.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought extra groceries last week, just in case we need to stay in. Just staples that are good to have on hand. Extra hand sanitizers with alcohol as stated by CDC.

I have been searching for masks. I wanted them mainly in case I get sick so I won't infect the dogs.
  Unbelievable! All stores locally within 50 miles are sold out. They won't get more soon. Scammers online are selling re-boxed  masks that are different than advertised. Some prices have increased to 5 times more. 
   Due to flu being rampant I may forgo my granddaughter's dancing at halftime at the college women's basketball game this week. (That and climbing bleachers)! 
    We have a family gift of Charles and the Chocolate Factory next month. We will see what the situation is then. 
    I'm washing my hands often!

Esteemed Contributor

No, I won't be avoiding grocery stores, but I never go to malls anyway.

I already avoid people coughing or sneezing in public who spew their personal germs openly into common airspace.

And you...(yes you,) who sneezes without covering, and says,

"I'm not sneezing from sickness, it's only allergies".

STOP IT!

If it's been up your nose, on the back of your tongue, or in your lungs, I DON'T WANT IT!