Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone concerned about take out

I'm concerned about everything that comes into my home and take precautions. I don't order anything that doesn't get cooked, like salad or sushi. I've also been avoiding burgers because of the buns.

When I order takeout, the bag gets set on a cardboard box that gets disposed of as soon as I finish moving everything from the takeout containers to storage containers or plates. I lay out plates, containers, and spoons to scoop before the order arrives The contents of each container get transferred and the container gets disposed or put into the dishwasher if it can be recycled. No containers get set down on anything but the cardboard box that gets thrown out at the end of the process.

I wash my hands and I put anything I'm going to eat at the time in the microwave and everything else in the fridge. Sometimes I end up washing my hands several times as I move from one container to another.

Esteemed Contributor

Seems like a unnecessary point of contact.  Save inhaling for something like grocery pickup.  

Wish they would install those lockers like Amazon has.  Would be a good thing for a grocery to do.

Honored Contributor

We have been getting lots of takeout, good for the small businesses and good for me!!

Respected Contributor

Have to say during Lent I usually give up fast food and usually results in a subtle weight loss (good for me anyway). Now that I have extended this due to pandemic hoping for some more weight to come off. Do I miss take out food? Yes, to certain extent.
Honored Contributor

We take out at least twice a week, I order from places that I have ordered from before, and I am confident with their food

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have done take out on nice days and ate in the car.  I take our own drinks, napkins, and hand sanitizer from home.  We only go to places we are familiar with.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alicedee  That is so true, she might have gotten it from her mail or someone else not just the delivery of the groceries.

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Regular Contributor

i feel i can wait until later time to do take out and drive thru food. i have done it so  far Man Tongue i go to the grocery store every two weeks and that is enough of a worry for me. thank you all for your replies!!

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Honored Contributor

We support our locals. When we pick it up we tip very, very good. We use  our common sense...wash our hands, don't touch our face and use antiseptic wipes. Done.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

My concern isn't catching COVID-19 but how fresh is this food? How frequently do they get fresh groceries and how far are they stretching it? No concern about disease but flavor & freshness.

In the best of times I'm not crazy about ordering take-out. It's usually much better to make it myself and saves me time.