Contributor

Re: Is anyone concerned about take out

Hospice told me not to do takeout for now.

Valued Contributor

I have not been to a grocery store since this all began.  I have had great luck with Instacart.  We did start getting takeout again.  As others have said -- we order from restaurants we have always frequented.  Totally contactless.  We call in our order -- drive to the restaurant -- pop the trunk -- and they put in the order.  I do sanitize the containers before bringing the food into the house and transferring it.  Everybody I know is handling things differently.  It's all about whatever makes you comfortable.

Respected Contributor

@HouseMouse wrote:

Is anyone concerned about take out or getting food at a drive thru right now?  I have not had any since all of this began.  I just read yesterday of a lady that has not gone out for weeks yet she got the virus. The only thing she has done is have her groceries delivered!! This is scary. Made me wonder if it is even safe to get take out or drive thru also.

==============================================

I heard that story on the news 2 weeks ago. ... which is WHY I will not let ANYONE grocery shop for me.  Since some peeps carry the virus AND are asymptomatic, how does this woman know for sure that the grocery shopper didn't have the virus?

BTW, I've noticed LONG lines at McDonal's & Chick-fil-A ...

After 6 weeks of isolation, I think most peeps are just tired of the whole thing.

The other thing to keep in mind is, many of us already have the anti-bodies (asymptomatic) and just won't get sick regardless.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I keep reading takeout food is safe....but to me it's not worth the hassle.  You don't know who has touched (or potentially coughed) on the food or the  food containers, bags, opening the door or window to deliver.....,

======================================================

There's a woman on my local neighborhood chat (nextdoor dotcom) who advertised, "FREE FOOD".  After a few days passed, when NO ONE responded, she came back (twice) questioning why no one wanted "free food".

Frankly, why would I want her food?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

There are five in my household (Son still works part time) and we have started using ordering takeout weekly.  The restaurant e are using is new in town and we definitely want them to stay open.  Their system is great (window for cash, tents in parking lot for credit cards, carry to your car, masks all around, etc).  With restaurant regulations their cleanliness is even better than mine!

Honored Contributor

@HouseMouse Nope. Food places that my family patronizes use all the precautions and go above and beyond.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Frankly, why would I want her food?

Because you have no job, no money, to ashamed to apply for SNAP (food stamps), etc.  Beggers can't be choosey.

Speaking hypothetically....

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@HouseMouse 

I am guessing you are a "worrier". If so, there will always be something to set your mind in motion. "What'ifs/could be's" etc. have never been the way I have lived my life, and that is not going to change.

Using the logic you've expressed in this post? I am glad I am me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my State laundromats are closed, deemed nonessential...how anyone could think that was a good idea, I don't know. Tough on everyone without a washer & dryer but stomach turning to think workers cooking & packaging the food you're eating have no way to properly clean their towels, bed linens, clothes & uniforms...masks and gloves aren't going to fix that.

Honored Contributor

@HouseMouse -

I know, I heard that happening too and yes I am.

We just don't know where we could get it. It is scary isn't it?

Hopefully the "best we can" will be enough!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"