Honored Contributor

Re: Iron supplements

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

What a timely thread! I did not know Andrew had an iron supplement! 

I was just going to reorder some Poly Iron 150 from Amazon. It is a good iron without the side effects of most iron supplements. I have had good luck using it in the past but I am confident that the quality of Procaps is much higher. 

I'm not sure if I'll order now or wait. I used iron supps on a daily basis (very low ferritin) for a long time but now take them only occasionally so my need is not urgent. 

@willdob3 He will be back the beginning of Oct.  Probably be some deals if you can wait.

Thanks. I will probably wait. That is not too far off. 

I wish there was a video on the iron but there does not appear to be one. 

@willdob3 I'm fairly sure the October TS dates are October 4th and October 11th, so free shipping is right around the corner. Smiley Happy

I was just talking to a friend of mine last night about how good his iron capsules are. 

About 40 years ago I finally realized that I was running iron deficiencies when, after three weeks of intense sluggishness, I got worried that I had mononucleosis (I had it once before that). As I was about to set up a doctor's appointment, someone suggested that maybe I was iron deficient. I bought some store brand iron supplements and I started feeling better in a few days. 

Until menopause, I took an iron supplement on a regular basis. After some experimentation, I figured out that my body needed an iron supplement about 5-6 days per week. Since too much iron can be toxic, I didn't want to take any more iron than absolutely necessary. It's a long time ago, but I remember going through a number of different brands because a lot of them did not seem to be working that well (i.e. I still lacked energy).

When I finally started taking Andrew's iron around 2007, it was a revelation. After the very first iron capsule, I could feel my body respond to the easy availability of the iron in the supplement. Everything was just a little bit easier energy wise. I also was able to cut back a little on my weekly iron consumption which is always a good thing. -- Since I'm now post-menopausal, I only need to take one capsule a week. Every 3-4 months my body gets a bit sluggish. At that point I'll take one capsule for 2-3 days in a row and then my energy level bounces right back to normal. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

What a timely thread! I did not know Andrew had an iron supplement! 

I was just going to reorder some Poly Iron 150 from Amazon. It is a good iron without the side effects of most iron supplements. I have had good luck using it in the past but I am confident that the quality of Procaps is much higher. 

I'm not sure if I'll order now or wait. I used iron supps on a daily basis (very low ferritin) for a long time but now take them only occasionally so my need is not urgent. 

@willdob3 He will be back the beginning of Oct.  Probably be some deals if you can wait.

Thanks. I will probably wait. That is not too far off. 

I wish there was a video on the iron but there does not appear to be one. 

@willdob3 I'm fairly sure the October TS dates are October 4th and October 11th, so free shipping is right around the corner. Smiley Happy

I was just talking to a friend of mine last night about how good his iron capsules are. 

About 40 years ago I finally realized that I was running iron deficiencies when, after three weeks of intense sluggishness, I got worried that I had mononucleosis (I had it once before that). As I was about to set up a doctor's appointment, someone suggested that maybe I was iron deficient. I bought some store brand iron supplements and I started feeling better in a few days. 

Until menopause, I took an iron supplement on a regular basis. After some experimentation, I figured out that my body needed an iron supplement about 5-6 days per week. Since too much iron can be toxic, I didn't want to take any more iron than absolutely necessary. It's a long time ago, but I remember going through a number of different brands because a lot of them did not seem to be working that well (i.e. I still lacked energy).

When I finally started taking Andrew's iron around 2007, it was a revelation. After the very first iron capsule, I could feel my body respond to the easy availability of the iron in the supplement. Everything was just a little bit easier energy wise. I also was able to cut back a little on my weekly iron consumption which is always a good thing. -- Since I'm now post-menopausal, I only need to take one capsule a week. Every 3-4 months my body gets a bit sluggish. At that point I'll take one capsule for 2-3 days in a row and then my energy level bounces right back to normal. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Thank you for this!

I'm also post-meno now & want to be careful for the same reasons as you. I know I need some iron but how much is hard to tell. I hope I notice a difference with Andrew's supplement. I'd like to be able to stick to a routine similar to yours. 

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care