Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
I just checked out the Andrew lessman ones. I might try those. They are cheaper then the ones you have to get at the pharmacy counter. Matter of fact a lot cheaper.

@ccassaday Andrew has good values, especially when you purchase the larger sizes but the iron has always been an excellent value. And if it works more effectively and you wind up having to take it less often, then it's an even greater value. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
The iron I take now is twenty two dollars for 30 capsules. So this is a great deal. It also has some great reviews. I will let you know if they work when I get them.
Esteemed Contributor

Ok I ordered the Andrew lessman iron. I am defiantly willing to try something different and the reviews are good.

Honored Contributor

Many, many years ago, I used to have to take time- released capsules.  The pills made me sick. The pharmacist mentioned that many people cannot take the pills, and he suggested a time-released prescription or OTC. But, as some have said, if the blood tests are good/normal, definitely do not take iron supplements, according to my doc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

Ok I ordered the Andrew lessman iron. I am defiantly willing to try something different and the reviews are good.

@ccassaday I think you'll really like them. I'd appreciate hearing how they're working for you when you get them. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What a timely thread! I did not know Andrew had an iron supplement! 

I was just going to reorder some Poly Iron 150 from Amazon. It is a good iron without the side effects of most iron supplements. I have had good luck using it in the past but I am confident that the quality of Procaps is much higher. 

I'm not sure if I'll order now or wait. I used iron supps on a daily basis (very low ferritin) for a long time but now take them only occasionally so my need is not urgent. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I was just going to reorder some Poly Iron 150 from Amazon. It is a good iron without the side effects of most iron supplements. I have had good luck using it in the past but I am confident that the quality of Procaps is much higher. 

I'm not sure if I'll order now or wait. I used iron supps on a daily basis (very low ferritin) for a long time but now take them only occasionally so my need is not urgent. 

@willdob3 He will be back the beginning of Oct.  Probably be some deals if you can wait.

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@willdob3 He will be back the beginning of Oct.  Probably be some deals if you can wait.

Thanks. I will probably wait. That is not too far off. 

I wish there was a video on the iron but there does not appear to be one. 

Honored Contributor

My suggestion is to take Floradix instead of pills. You can find it at health food stores.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

My dad had a bout of anemia earlier this year that required him to have a blood transfusion.  Long story short, he had an upper and lower endoscopy that showed what is known has "coffee grounds" on upper GI.  This is a result of being on various medications over the years.  (He is 87)  He was started on OTC iron and vitamin B12 as well as a prescription medication, Protonix.  He stated that his stools were always very dark in color. 

His follow up blood work 6 months later showed all his levels to be normal an his PCP took him off the iron tablets.