Trusted Contributor

Do you drink Coca Cola?  When I was in college I drank it daily for awhile and I experienced very loud gurgling!

Valued Contributor

It could be a hiatal hernia (sp). Have them look into that.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Probiotics:  rather than spend the $20 on " probiotics ", try  using Acidopholus pills for $5.   My doctor recommends them whenever I get an antibiotic for bronchitis or sinus infections.

Just remember to refrigerate upon opening.

Once a day...no need to figure out the different timing of each probiotic pill either.

Acidopholus IS a probiotic. There are many kinds. And I am not sure what you mean by having to figure out the timing of each probiotic pills- the ones I get and the ones I feed my dog don't need to be timed. Just once a day, no hoops to jump through. Not all need to be refrigerated either. I don't get the refrigerated ones as they are a PITA, especially for travel.

Esteemed Contributor

I would get a second opinion. My daughter has Crohn's disease and the Dr here initially brushed off her stomach pain as menstrual cramps..

Respected Contributor
Doctor seems to feel that gurgling alone with NO PAIN is not serious. Very strange. gurgling is located in the right side only. Gurgling has been present for 2 years and is most noticeable when I am alone. In bed it doesnt act up or when Im out at a party.
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Aprildreams I've been pushing for a Cat scan but my doctor doesn't think it's necessary. I think a cat scan would be the way to go to rule out any tumors. It's not invasive and easy to administer.

...... and you get the radiation equivalent of several hundred x-rays. You should always research medications, tests, even diagnoses to understand what the implications are for your body.

Honored Contributor

Re: Intestinal gurgling

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:
Doctor seems to feel that gurgling alone with NO PAIN is not serious. Very strange. gurgling is located in the right side only. Gurgling has been present for 2 years and is most noticeable when I am alone. In bed it doesnt act up or when Im out at a party.

not strange at all and you probably notice it more when you are alone because you are focusing (dare I say, obsessing) on it more.

I am beginning to think that regardless of what advice others give you and what your doctor told you, you are still are going to convince yourself you have a serious disease so I'm not sure it is worth continuing on this thread. Good luck to you.

Valued Contributor

My daughter was very embarrased when the noises were happening at school.The medical term for the growling is borborygmi.

Her doctor said it is not a disease.My husband has it too.

Respected Contributor
I also read chronic gurgling noises could be caused by a hernia. However I do not feel any bulge in my stomach area. Now Im second guessing if the doctor missed something in tje colonoscopy? Also the colonoscopy only cobered the LARGE intestine. What about the small intestine? Does anyone know if they make noise? I have read mixed results on guegling noises. Some websites claim it is a GOOD thing and the only cause for concern is if noises are absent.
Honored Contributor

Re: Intestinal gurgling

[ Edited ]

you are just bound and determined to insist you have something seriously wrong, aren't you? Get a second and third opinion from other doctors if you don't trust your doctor. You need to be asking your DOCTORS these questions, not anonymous posters on an internet forum. No one on the forums can diagnose you and even if they could, you probably wouldn't believe them anyway unless it was serious.